Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 22, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #18,751 of 18,905
Tough one. I'd lean to the TT2 & M Scaler. Alternatively, you could buy Dave and start saving for the new Quartet Scaler (designed for Dave) that will be launched this year....
My wallet cried reading this... I went for the tt2 + mscaler after testing on a pair of lcd-5s and hd800s. No regrets. The Dave sounded amazing but like @jjazzy said tt2 sounded warmer to me, which i prefer. Would love to have both, maybe one day.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #18,752 of 18,905
My wallet cried reading this... I went for the tt2 + mscaler after testing on a pair of lcd-5s and hd800s. No regrets. The Dave sounded amazing but like @jjazzy said tt2 sounded warmer to me, which i prefer. Would love to have both, maybe one day.
To only thing I can describe best, the dave is a better version (signature wise of the qutest I owned, but could be sometimes a little too bright (not really but just a little). A upgrade lps helped somewhat.

Then I tried (which I should not have done 😂) the tt2+mscaler and it is smooth as silk without loosing details (which is rare, many times I owned equipment either bright and detailed, or smooth at the cost of details. Very happy with my combo

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #18,753 of 18,905
To only thing I can describe best, the dave is a better version (signature wise of the qutest I owned, but could be sometimes a little too bright (not really but just a little). A upgrade lps helped somewhat.

Then I tried (which I should not have done 😂) the tt2+mscaler and it is smooth as silk without loosing details (which is rare, many times I owned equipment either bright and detailed, or smooth at the cost of details. Very happy with my combo
That's exactly why I moved to the TT-2 with M Scaler, while I do love the DAVE I prefer the TT-2 with M-Scaler.

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #18,755 of 18,905
Hi,
I'm about to get a TT2 soon (upgrading from Hugo 2).
I have some questions to which I could not find definitive answers (in this forum).
The TT2 is intended to be connected to an iFi iCan Pro pre amplifier via the two XLR cables. In parallel, I would like to connect a VU meter via RCA (Douk Audio one line bear VU meter).
The TT2 should work in AMP mode.
I also have the Aroma A100TB amplifier which may be connected via a front headphone connector.

1. After disconnecting a headphones plug from the front will the TT2 automatically return to AMP mode with the previous settings?
2. While in headphone mode, is there audio out on either the RCA or the XLR outputs?
3. While in AMP mode, is there audio output via the front headphones connectors?
4. Is there a risk of switching to DAC mode unintentionally while browsing the menue / settings? thus causing harm to my amps

Thanks

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #18,756 of 18,905
Hi,
I'm about to get a TT2 soon (upgrading from Hugo 2).
I have some questions to which I could not find definitive answers (in this forum).
The TT2 is intended to be connected to an iFi iCan Pro pre amplifier via the two XLR cables. In parallel, I would like to connect a VU meter via RCA (Douk Audio one line bear VU meter).
The TT2 should work in AMP mode.
I also have the Aroma A100TB amplifier which may be connected via a front headphone connector.

1. After disconnecting a headphones plug from the front will the TT2 automatically return to AMP mode with the previous settings?
2. While in headphone mode, is there audio out on either the RCA or the XLR outputs?
3. While in AMP mode, is there audio output via the front headphones connectors?
4. Is there a risk of switching to DAC mode unintentionally while browsing the menue / settings? thus causing harm to my amps

Thanks
1: if it was in amp mode yes
2: nope
3: nope
4: nope, you have to set it.

Just out of curiousity, why connect the ifi amp? I owned it, went to a burson soloist 3xr gt after that (it was better) but owning the tt2 as well, the tt2 headphone amp tops both easily, quality wise. And powerfull enough for nearly any headphone?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #18,759 of 18,905
Why does Dcs use 240 volt yet chord use 240 volt to 15 volt ? John Frank's gives a cost restraint on what Rob Watts can do? If you look at the design of the Chord products they very limited to what they can put into a small space

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #18,760 of 18,905
Why does Dcs use 240 volt yet chord use 240 volt to 15 volt ? John Frank's gives a cost restraint on what Rob Watts can do? If you look at the design of the Chord products they very limited to what they can put into a small space
***shrugs shoulders*** So what. Not sure what point your trying to make here...............

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #18,762 of 18,905
after hooking up wa33 EE to my TT, its going to take a serious DAC upgrade to make me interested, like msb premier , or just stick with TT, its plenty blissful now

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #18,765 of 18,905
I gotta say, I'm really digging Filter 4 in the TT-2, I know Filter 2 is what people use the most, but there is something about that filter that works really well with my system. It adds a layer of meat and weight to the sound, I love it.
I honestly cannot tell the difference between the four filters lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back