Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 26, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #16,262 of 18,905
I do agree, that it isn't a noticeable problem with headphones, but with IEMs it could be irritating.

However, a jump to max level with any headphones or IEMs is really really dangerous and I'd like to unread the recent post describing it :dt880smile:

May 27, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #16,265 of 18,905
A funny thing using my remotes for the TT2 and the H2 is that they use the same IR frequency and I can increase volume on both with each other remotes.....needless to say can't keep them in the same room and on at the same time...not that I do this but....

May 27, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #16,266 of 18,905
A funny thing using my remotes for the TT2 and the H2 is that they use the same IR frequency and I can increase volume on both with each other remotes.....needless to say can't keep them in the same room and on at the same time...not that I do this but....
Same here. Hugo 2 upstairs playing TV audio via optical or music via coax from DAP. mTT2 downstairs w/ main music setup.

May 27, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #16,267 of 18,905
Hi all, just received a new TT2 here. Has anyone experienced the over temperature message on the device. I only turned it on for 10 mins and listened to it for another 10 , and it has the OT R error message and starts to cut out sound and sort of flicker between HP and OT R. the device sits on my desk with ample of space and I use the original power supply so not sure why its doing this ....

May 27, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #16,268 of 18,905
Hi all, just received a new TT2 here. Has anyone experienced the over temperature message on the device. I only turned it on for 10 mins and listened to it for another 10 , and it has the OT R error message and starts to cut out sound and sort of flicker between HP and OT R. the device sits on my desk with ample of space and I use the original power supply so not sure why its doing this ....
Never heard of this. Sounds like it is defective, unless you're trying to drive speakers from the XLR outs?

May 27, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #16,269 of 18,905
nah I'm just running headphones, the dealer asked me to switch off and unplug and try , seems ok so far, but it's a bit unsettling ....
Never heard of this. Sounds like it is defective, unless you're trying to drive speakers from the XLR outs?

May 28, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #16,270 of 18,905
Most likely a short on your headphone cable or connector. To confirm, disconnect the headphone (whilst TT2 is in standby or not playing music) and then run music through TT2. If the error occurs again with no outputs, the TT2 has a problem - if it's fine, then it's your headphone - probably the cable or plug.

May 28, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #16,271 of 18,905
Most likely a short on your headphone cable or connector. To confirm, disconnect the headphone (whilst TT2 is in standby or not playing music) and then run music through TT2. If the error occurs again with no outputs, the TT2 has a problem - if it's fine, then it's your headphone - probably the cable or plug.
Thanks very much for the reply, I used a different HP and cable all together and there's absolutely no issues with the unit, and it runs only very slightly lukewarm.

May 29, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #16,272 of 18,905
Would like to ask, when the TT2 is switched off (Stand by button, but still plugged into the mains) Is it supposed to remember the last volume settings. I always mute mine before hitting standby but never shows mute when switched back on. Any thoughts be much appreciated. Cheers.

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #16,273 of 18,905
Scary indeed, could toast my Meze Elite if happened to me.

I think I already use my TT2 to burn in around 5 headphones so far, leaving them on for several hours for a week (from afternoon to late night) while I work outside. Nothing bad happen fortunately.

The only I ever encountered volume control problem was with Hugo 2. If I try to move the ball just slight, suddenly volume jump to max. Never happened with TT2 though.
Maybe connect cheapo headphones for the burn in

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #16,274 of 18,905
Maybe connect cheapo headphones for the burn in
It's usually the headphones that people are burning in, not the TT2. But good advice if you're burning in the TT2 unattended.

Jun 4, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #16,275 of 18,905
When using the XLR outputs off the back, my TT2 has developed loud pops in the right channel when turning on/off and some channel imbalance (the right side sounds softer.
Just to check if anyone faced this issue before? I think it may be time to send it back sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back