Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 1, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #16,201 of 18,958
If I had my druthers I would have all 4.4 Pentacon connectors on all outputs and cables. Small enough FF and balanced when equipment supports it.
I prefer it over 6.35, but still would go XLR personally !

May 2, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #16,202 of 18,958
Its a better connector. Doesn't have the clunk as it drags the tip and sleeve past the ground contact.

Nothing to do with balanced / unbalanced for me. Just functionally nicer.
6.3mm is bad ? TT2 has enough power in SE and 6.3mm is professional connector. There is no advantage of balance out (unlike in amps where the common mode noise gets cancelled) in case of headphones except you get more power. Time and again rob has clarified it.

May 2, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #16,203 of 18,958
6.3mm is bad ? TT2 has enough power in SE and 6.3mm is professional connector. There is no advantage of balance out (unlike in amps where the common mode noise gets cancelled) in case of headphones except you get more power. Time and again rob has clarified it.
Did you read the post you quoted?

May 2, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #16,206 of 18,958
Rob, any hint on a TT2 streamer yet? :relaxed:
... Big colour screen that streams.
There already is a streamer. Big screen, bit perfect output via USB, large internal HD for stream download as well as FLAC etc, battery powered so no ground loop issues. Works very well. You can even use it with Bluetooth if you need portability more than SQ. :wink:
iPad with TT2.JPG

May 2, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #16,207 of 18,958
May 4, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #16,208 of 18,958
Hi guys - need some help. Does anyone have a clue how much replacing the main board would cost if it's done out of warranty? And is a whole replacement needed if there are just several resistors damaged (including a photo for reference). Thanks!

Attachments

• dmg.jpg
    dmg.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #16,209 of 18,958
Hi guys - need some help. Does anyone have a clue how much replacing the main board would cost if it's done out of warranty? And is a whole replacement needed if there are just several resistors damaged (including a photo for reference). Thanks!
Chord themselves repair boards in house.
They once replaced a USB input chip on my Mojo (that's a beeg chip).
And they are reasonable with their charges.
Contact them first, don't attempt anything unless.

May 4, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #16,211 of 18,958
My TT2 is in for a board replacement right now with the same burnt transistors. They are replacing the entire board versus just those resistors/transistors.

May 4, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #16,214 of 18,958
The same 8? Do you happen to know what caused the issue and was the unit under warranty?
I don’t know what caused it, and the warranty issue is a bit tricky on my unit. I’m not sure on the warranty yet, I’m still awaiting info from the chord repair center. One thing I’ll say so far is that Chord has been PHENOMENAL to work with on my particular unit (very bizarre circumstances surrounding it) and I will buy many more items from Chord in the future specifically because of how they treated me in this situation. More info once I get the TT2 back and any issues resolved.

May 4, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #16,215 of 18,958
Mine started to get really warm at idle. I leave it on 24/7. I decided to unplug and clean my USB and BNC. When I plugged them back in........dead. Sent it in and turnaround time was all less than a week. They, Chord repair, are in Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back