Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 23, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #15,451 of 18,895
Does anyone use their TT2 as a pre-amp? I have mine connected via XLR into a pair of Class D mono bloc's. I do have a couple of pre-amps but unless the current way of using the TT2 is having a detrimental effect on SQ I am happy to leave the pre-amps boxed.
I use my TT2/MS as pre amp with my AHB2 power amp and I would not want it any other way unless you want coloration to your sound signature depending on Speakers or if you need due to using a TT and listens to vinyl.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #15,453 of 18,895
Anyone using emit 10 dynaudio speakers direct from tt2? The emit 10 has a sensitivity of 85dB so can tt2 drive these single ended? Finally which cables are needed to connect tt2 to these speakers? Completely new territory for me.
1640238245773.png
I had to get my tt2 repaired after connecting it directly to Dynaudio Heritage Specials. I guess it was the cheap Amazon xlr to speaker cables but I would not advise you to try this.

Dec 23, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #15,454 of 18,895
I would go single ended hence eliminating any complications due to xlr balanced.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #15,456 of 18,895
And a lightly used Susvara at a modest used price as well :ksc75smile:
There was a Susvara for sale over at" hfitorget" Sweden recently. But the price asked was not tempting me at all .
If I get to go to Asia again this winter or next the Susvara will be MUCH cheaper to buy new there.
There is also a DAVE for sale there but still at a price I am also not willling to pay for what subjectively and imho sounds at best 10-15 % better than Qutest or TT2 with the Mscaler.
Meanwhile I am happy with my HEKV2 and an OFC upgrade cable and my Qutest/HMS with Storm BNCs.
PS Why would you want to trade your Quad 2905s for active speakers? More power and louder or ?
I doubt such a change would render more transparency though.
Cheers CC

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #15,457 of 18,895
There was a Susvara for sale over at" hfitorget" Sweden recently. But the price asked was not tempting me at all .
If I get to go to Asia again this winter or next the Susvara will be MUCH cheaper to buy new there.
There is also a DAVE for sale there but still at a price I am also not willling to pay for what subjectively and imho sounds at best 10-15 % better than Qutest or TT2 with the Mscaler.
Meanwhile I am happy with my HEKV2 and an OFC upgrade cable and my Qutest/HMS with Storm BNCs.
PS Why would you want to trade your Quad 2905s for active speakers? More power and louder or ?
I doubt such a change would render more transparency though.
Cheers CC
Yes, and I was interested in the Susvara but it was still 7 hour drive one way from where i live and I really want to try b4 I buy if I can especially if a few years old and not brand new out of box so I passed on that one, I also eyed on the Dave but still thought it was a stretch on the price and though from a power point of view the TT2 made more sense....maybe if I get an itch later and the Dave 2 is out I might pick the Dave up at a decent price...
No intention to sell my Quad ESL2905, I use them in my living room but I would like a easy active speaker preferable with built in streaming for my bedroom ( it has to look good and have WAF) so might look at either the Buchardt or Kef LS50W II, but first and foremost will keep my eyes on a Susvara or LCD-5 if I have a chance to listen to them...

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #15,458 of 18,895
Yes, and I was interested in the Susvara but it was still 7 hour drive one way from where i live and I really want to try b4 I buy if I can especially if a few years old and not brand new out of box so I passed on that one, I also eyed on the Dave but still thought it was a stretch on the price and though from a power point of view the TT2 made more sense....maybe if I get an itch later and the Dave 2 is out I might pick the Dave up at a decent price...
No intention to sell my Quad ESL2905, I use them in my living room but I would like a easy active speaker preferable with built in streaming for my bedroom ( it has to look good and have WAF) so might look at either the Buchardt or Kef LS50W II, but first and foremost will keep my eyes on a Susvara or LCD-5 if I have a chance to listen to them...
About nine hours from where I live.
What a coincidence, today there was a Quad 2912 pair for sale at the same site.
That´s is their top model.
50k sek.
But possibly my plans might include renting or building a small house in Asia to spend winters at.

I have friends who live there since many years and if the world turns more normal next year or so I may do the same.
And even speakers not only Chord dacs are a lot cheaper over there, than in Sweden.
Glögg på dig!
Cheers CC

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #15,459 of 18,895
About nine hours from where I live.
What a coincidence, today there was a Quad 2912 pair for sale at the same site.
That´s is their top model.
50k sek.
But possibly my plans might include renting or building a small house in Asia to spend winters at.

I have friends who live there since many years and if the world turns more normal next year or so I may do the same.
And even speakers not only Chord dacs are a lot cheaper over there, than in Sweden.
Glögg på dig!
Cheers CC
Skål, God Jul och låt oss tomtegubbar, slå i glasen och låt oss lustiga vara! 🎄

Dec 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #15,460 of 18,895
I had to get my tt2 repaired after connecting it directly to Dynaudio Heritage Specials. I guess it was the cheap Amazon xlr to speaker cables but I would not advise you to try this.

What happened to it that made you send it back to get repaired ?

Dec 25, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #15,464 of 18,895
all this talk about tt2s burning up after connecting it with speakers makes me scared to try
@ss2625, efficiently powered and fully balanced speaker amplifiers aren’t that expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back