Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 30, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #14,883 of 19,009
TOTL headphones may be the single most overpriced item in all of audio.
They give you the biggest performance gain as well so I disagree :wink:

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #14,884 of 19,009
Sep 30, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #14,885 of 19,009
...maybe I should raise the price on my HMS classified: $3,450.00 USD. $3,999.00 USD for HMS *and* Farad3 with upgrades.

They give you the biggest performance gain as well so I disagree :wink:

You are certainly entitled to your view.

I think one can purchase loudspeakers that will provide more enjoyment for the kind of money some headphones cost.

I also subscribe to the assertion that superior playback setup such as Chord with more moderate cans will sound better than some TOTL cans with a more pedestrian playback chain.

As always, YMMV.

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #14,887 of 19,009
The price rise is probably due to a few factors, fixing the click problem, all affected boards need to be replaced with new ones, the world wide shortage of electrical components driving up prices due to covid , and on top of that, I cant even get the latest gen of nvidia graphics cards, bloody things are selling for thousands, I remember better days when the nvidia 6800gt was insanely good value price v performance at only 400 quid, it’s predecessor, the 5900 ultra wasn’t such a bargain. Yeah I roll like that, I roll deep, deep undacuva.

We need to introduce new laws regarding miners, shoot them in the kneecaps first, and on a second offence they get shot in the face by a 50 cal browning.

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #14,889 of 19,009
A bit harsh, don't you reckon?
What, shooting miners being harsh, nope, the lack of high end gpu’s is because they buy them in droves.

A gpu is meant for gaming, if they wanted number crunching they should of bought all the useless physx processors, yeah I still have mine. :frowning2:

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #14,890 of 19,009
I also subscribe to the assertion that superior playback setup such as Chord with more moderate cans will sound better than some TOTL cans with a more pedestrian playback chain.
Well, I don’t know if this counts, but I would prefer

Cowon Plenue II ==> Utopia
or
Gumby ==> LP ==> any of my TOTLs

over

TT2 ==> HD-6XX
or
TT2 ==> DSHA-3F ==> HD-6XX

Perhaps those are too moderate.

Oct 1, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #14,891 of 19,009
In Singapore? What are the the current local prices there?I got my Qutest in Singapore and my Mscaler in Malaysia when both had basically just been released and paid about the same price one obviously has to pay for just the Mscaler today, for a Qutest and an Mscaler combo!
I sometimes almost regret that I did not buy a DAVE in Asia when I could still have had a new one for little more than 6K Euro.
Then again, my little Qutest sounds just fine with my Mscaler and both have travelled quite extensivley until Covid hit..
I suspect my Q/HMS combo has been to more National Parks in South East Asia than any other pair sold.
Cheers CC
The local prices for the Hugo TT 2 and the Hugo M Scaler are S$8,000 and S$7,000, respectively. I don't know if the Singaporean distributor will raise these prices in accordance with the recent hike. I'm just (very) relieved that I bought the 2 units in August, just before the spike; otherwise, I'd expect to pay another S$1,000.

Oct 2, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #14,892 of 19,009
A friend is considering using a LPS with his TT2 but wonders how many amps the TT2 draws. I sold my TT2 a while ago so I cannot measure it but I wondered if anyone on here knows the answer for him?

Thanks.

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #14,893 of 19,009
A friend is considering using a LPS with his TT2 but wonders how many amps the TT2 draws. I sold my TT2 a while ago so I cannot measure it but I wondered if anyone on here knows the answer for him?

Thanks.
I thought rob said 3 but could be wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back