Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 7, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #9,421 of 18,905
 ok to narrow down. Is the tt2 a Hugo 2 same sound signature but better technicals?
I’d say they don’t sound alike at all. To me the h2 was thin and ultimately I didn’t really enjoy it the way I do for the mojo and tt2.

Jun 7, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #9,424 of 18,905
Detail retrieval and clarity improved over H2?
I wouldn't say that exactly, i'd say, its more realistic sounding and draws you into the music more, its more enjoyable.

Jun 7, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #9,425 of 18,905
The Mojo definitely has a lower detail retrieval than the H2. The TT2 improves on that further, while also maintaining a bit of a warmer overall sound.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #9,427 of 18,905
OK but as far as more transparency and clarity (while being warm and engaging as you guys have stated) over thr H2... It's not possible on the tt2?

I'm not too clear what you're asking. The TT2 is better than H2 in every way, including double the number of digital taps.

Jun 7, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #9,428 of 18,905
I'm not too clear what you're asking. The TT2 is better than H2 in every way, including double the number of digital taps.
OK I was just worried the tt2 did not have more transparency over H2 or clarity.
As those are my favorite qualof the H2.
As of now I'm understanding it has more of a mojo sound signature, but improved. And also more details and clarity than the H2.

Jun 8, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #9,429 of 18,905
TT2 repair update!

Here’s what happened so far in case you’ve missed it and wanna know:

So, the TT2 arrived at Chord on May 15th. It was shipped back to me this Wednesday, June 3rd. Considering the current circumstances I think that was really efficient.

In case someone‘s curious about what happened well... I’m not sure? I was just told the unit was tested and the motherboard replaced. Fine by me, I’m super happy I’m getting it back! Will post when it arrives.

I am reunited with my TT2 and I feel complete again :) enjoying every single moment.

Jun 8, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #9,430 of 18,905
 ok to narrow down. Is the tt2 a Hugo 2 same sound signature but better technicals?
OK I was just worried the tt2 did not have more transparency over H2 or clarity.
As those are my favorite qualof the H2.
As of now I'm understanding it has more of a mojo sound signature, but improved. And also more details and clarity than the H2.

I've got the Mogo, as Hugo 2 and now a TT2. I do not think it is like an improved Mojo at all. The Hugo 2 was a clear step up from the Mojo in detail retrieval and clarity to me. The TT2 expands on that. It has the same 'signature' as the Hugo2 but improves in all respects. I think the Hugo 2 is miles ahead of the Mojo and the TT2 goes even farther.

There were tracks on the Mojo and even Hugo 2 that I had to be careful to select the right headphones to get a sound I expected. I have not had that at all with the TT2. That, to me, says a lot. It takes the best from all and that is what it is. Super bit of kit.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #9,431 of 18,905
more transparent, warmer, more bass definition, effortless supply of current//power to headphones. crystal clarity on vocals more dynamic. that's what you get for another 2K.

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #9,432 of 18,905
i swear with the wave stream plus mscaled tt2 with twist in my sobriety oboe passage i just astral projected into my room.:)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #9,434 of 18,905
I believe with the help of a friend and selling some of my gear along with other stuff. I can score a open box tt2.
I'm super excited.
When I get it it won't be *burned in* any settings I need to do to listen with it on headphones? Like any power settings

Additionally I cannot afford the mscaler, if ever. Is there anything that can simulate how it may sound with m scaler. Just curious

Anyways, I hope to be part of the group, I've come to circle jerk over the tt2

First of all, If you are using windows - Install the driver from Chord's website.

If you use Tidal you have to enable the exclusive mode for the TT2 manually so you will get better sound quality.

For power start with low gain and test if high gain sounds better for you.

Start with crossfeed - 0 and Filter - 1.

Then start experimenting with different settings a.k.a - Change the gain and the crossfeed and the filter settings to see what sounds best.

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #9,435 of 18,905
First of all, If you are using windows - Install the driver from Chord's website.

If you use Tidal you have to enable the exclusive mode for the TT2 manually so you will get better sound quality.

For power start with low gain and test if high gain sounds better for you.

Start with crossfeed - 0 and Filter - 1.

Then start experimenting with different settings a.k.a - Change the gain and the crossfeed and the filter settings to see what sounds best.
I got Tidal hifi, but otherwise idk what I should do to set it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back