Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 4, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #9,376 of 18,907
or ps audio direct stream dsd dacs, is your answer.

Jun 5, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #9,377 of 18,907
Going to take the time to search the thread, but does anyone use bluetooth with the TT2? I've used it on my hugo and there's definitely a quality drop off to my ears, which I'm sure is to be expected. Just wondering if it's the same case for the TT2.

Also forgive my ignorance here but are there better solutions for a wireless setup? For headphones wired is no issue, it's mainly speakers that I need the functionality for.

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #9,378 of 18,907
Going to take the time to search the thread, but does anyone use bluetooth with the TT2? I've used it on my hugo and there's definitely a quality drop off to my ears, which I'm sure is to be expected. Just wondering if it's the same case for the TT2.

Also forgive my ignorance here but are there better solutions for a wireless setup? For headphones wired is no issue, it's mainly speakers that I need the functionality for.

can look at these:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2go/

Basically turn Hugo 2 into wireless device, by put your songs into an memory card, and insert to 2GO. Download the chord apps to an ipad, and you can wirelessly control music or choose album to play/stop/next/previous etc using an ipad as remote control, without degrade the file transfer, because the file itself is not wirelessly transfer.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2yu/

Add 2YU, if you want to use dac other than Hugo 2. It works as "bridge" from 2GO into any other DACs.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #9,379 of 18,907
can look at these:

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2go/

Basically turn Hugo 2 into wireless device, by put your songs into an memory card, and insert to 2GO. Download the chord apps to an ipad, and you can wirelessly control music or choose album to play/stop/next/previous etc using an ipad as remote control, without degrade the file transfer, because the file itself is not wirelessly transfer.

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/product/2yu/

Add 2YU, if you want to use dac other than Hugo 2. It works as "bridge" from 2GO into any other DACs.

Gotcha, thank you! That's super helpful. And assuming you can only use that app and not other audio players, correct? Either way, pretty cool and what I'm looking for. I've never had a need for wireless play so it's all pretty new to me. Thank you!

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #9,380 of 18,907
Gotcha, thank you! That's super helpful. And assuming you can only use that app and not other audio players, correct? Either way, pretty cool and what I'm looking for. I've never had a need for wireless play so it's all pretty new to me. Thank you!
Have a look at this: I've also heard many horror stories with the mojo poly. Disclaimer: I have no direct experience myself.

Jun 5, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #9,381 of 18,907
I'll do some reading and digging, but it seems like a streamer is what I need if I want better quality even if it isn't the 2go. It won't be a hifi speaker setup so I need to figure out if I just want to use the Hugo2 or TT2 bluetooth and call it a day. I do more critical listening with my headphones than my speakers.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #9,384 of 18,907
TT2 arrived today. It sounds great out of the box !
Tidal from my MBP and a Vetere USB cable into the TT2 working well with Focal Utopia !

It doesn't seem to need hours of use to get better .... or does it ? Happy to be told it gets better than this !

If you are coming from another Chord dac, it shouldn’t take getting used to. Otherwise, a couple weeks for full brain burn-in.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #9,385 of 18,907
Looks like I'm selling the hugo2. As the upper/mid bass impact is too headache inducing for me. Otherwise I love the resolution and details.
I'm going to try to get a tt2(gotta be careful pronouncing that out loud lol)

Does this tt2 also have the intense hardcore mid/upper bass incisive hit? It's not necessarily that I don't like me some slam but good God,the H2 is a little aggressive in that aspect.
I guess my question is... Am I headed the right way with tt2. I'm wanting even more detail and resolution than the H2.
But I'm also wanting a softer hitting bottom end.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #9,386 of 18,907
If anything the H2 is a brighter sounding dac to me. I always revert to my TT1 for serious listening.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #9,387 of 18,907
Have a look at this: I've also heard many horror stories with the mojo poly. Disclaimer: I have no direct experience myself.

Hmmmmm, darko is a wanker, as he said that he had zero problems with poly when it first came out. He was the only person on earth who didn't have problems with it, and at that time, we needed the pin to set up poly.

Darko is fake, if he gave "real reviews", he would not get anymore products to review and most probably he would need to find a real job.

Just my opinion of the bloke, but I'm biased, as I dislike anyone with a 5 oclock shadow.

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #9,388 of 18,907
Hmmmmm, darko is a wanker, as he said that he had zero problems with poly when it first came out. He was the only person on earth who didn't have problems with it, and at that time, we needed the pin to set up poly.

Darko is fake, if he gave "real reviews", he would not get anymore products to review and most probably he would need to find a real job.

Just my opinion of the bloke, but I'm biased, as I dislike anyone with a 5 oclock shadow.
There’s a terrible conflict in interest when a reviewer depends on the manufacturer for review gear, freebies and advertising revenue.
At least a level of transparency has been introduced but it could go further and all financial benefits declared at the top of each review article.

Jun 6, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #9,389 of 18,907
Totally agree, same goes for Sandu from Soundnews and many more out there, at least they should not call themselves: "reviewers" , they are not. And I find it problematic if they act, as if they were! They should declare the benefits and it would totally sound stupid: "hey my name is Sandu from Soundnews I am going to "review" a topping D90, thank you topping for paying for adds on my website - I will be totally honest though"

They are youtubers or influencers and most are not transparent enough to declare the background of finances.

Jun 6, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #9,390 of 18,907
For unbiased proper real life reviews go to 13thnote.net - Simon runs an independent comparison review site, and is not in anyones pocket. He is highly knowledeable, and very passionate about bringing some honesty to the HiFi industry, particularily the review sector which steers a lot of peoples buying decisions. Check it out - 13thnote.net

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back