Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 16, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #4,531 of 18,905
An analogue pass through or source select for amp mode would have been a very nice feature to have for those of us who still listen to vinyl and would have liked to use the TT2's amplification for driving speakers. But knowing that isn't really putting me off as a potential purchaser but it would have been very nice to have.

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #4,532 of 18,905
An analogue pass through or source select for amp mode would have been a very nice feature to have for those of us who still listen to vinyl and would have liked to use the TT2's amplification for driving speakers. But knowing that isn't really putting me off as a potential purchaser but it would have been very nice to have.

But then you would have had to have an analogue to digital converter (and a preamp for the vinyl).

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #4,533 of 18,905
I'm still curious if those turntables with usb out would work into TT2 or is some kind of driver required?

Why not just have an analogue amplifier for vinyl?

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #4,536 of 18,905
Well I found the issue for the smell of the HUGO TT2

two smd restistors are busted.

IMG_2114-1.jpeg

Feb 16, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #4,539 of 18,905
Feb 16, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #4,541 of 18,905
I am using the Hugo TT2 mainly with the abyss / Meze Empyrean / Sennheiser and focal headphones.

The headphones are working but the smell is awful .

I wouldn't keep using it. Get it in for repair.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #4,543 of 18,905
I wonder if he fried the balanced outs by trying to plug in single-ended to them with the wrong adapters or something.

It seems very odd to me that both the left and right channels there would be broken in the same way like that just by chance...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #4,545 of 18,905
I have been toying on treating myself up from my Qutest/HMS combo and very much now teetering towards a TT2. Your descriptions are certainly not helping (my bank account that is) but however definitely helping me make my mind to take the TT2 plunge though. Many thanks supervisor. Nice descriptors, all my favourite emotive key words in a row.

Also a question for those who have had one of these for a while, does the TT2 go through significant burn in, it’s just that caps forming in electronics is often discussed as a big part of burn in so wondering if the super caps go through a similar settling in process?

I think qutest is justa H2 without batteries and headphones out, if you can, go for TT2, you can thank me later, for my excellent advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back