1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312
Next

Last
  1. ZappaMan
    Just bring your favourite music, you don’t need anything specially picked, it’s not like an audiophile - diminishing returns type better - it’s a lot more enjoyable.

2. rostak
    Yeah, I have built a playlist of music I enjoy where some of the stuff really shines on the current set-up whilst other stuff less so (be it harsh treble, weak bass or other issues). I'll start with listening to a few tracks with my current set up and then switch for an hour to TT2 and in the end switch back to H2>HDV820. I'll see if it's worth the £2400 upgrade cost :D

3. supervisor
    how will i listen to vinyl? buy another set of speakers?

i don't feel like swapping speaker cables every time i want to change listening modes !

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  4. ZappaMan
    You tell me - how will you listen to vinyl ?

5. supervisor
    YOU ARE NOT BEING HELPFUL WITH MY FIRST WORLD SUMMIT-FI PROBLEMS

Tao8 likes this.
  6. ZappaMan
    I’m here to help. I know things. Many things. But listening to vinyl is not one of them. I suggest you continue listening to it the way you were previously listening to it?
    Is it because your speakers are plugged into tt2?

7. supervisor
    that is correct. also, i realize there is no solution. that's why i said it's a bummer.

HMS>TT2 will mostly be used for headphone listening. long live head-fi!

Amberlamps likes this.
  8. Amberlamps
    Now that you finally got your combo, what do you think of them ?

I can’t remember if you have a H2, if you have, how does TT2+HMS compare to H2 and H2+HMS.

The combo is the dogs bollocks, it’s that good.

9. supervisor
    yes, I was using HMS+H2 prior to the TT2 arriving.

i don't really like posting impressions, but I can say there is quite a lot of more meat on the bones. the bass heft and slam is the most immediate difference. the imaging and overall warmth is also noticeably better.

and now, finally listening to them direct through my speakers, as I said before, my system has never sounded so rich and impactful. emotional !

Tao8, ZappaMan and Amberlamps like this.
  10. Amberlamps
    Yeah, TT2 is a big step up from H2.

I’m starting to notice that if I hear music from a different source, it sounds schite.

Our setup own’s dude, it own’s, I feel like radio raheem, walking about with my setup and going head to head against other folks setup and then making them cry.

RIP Radio Raheem.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  11. dac64
    Davina, I afraid!

12. Tao8
    I have been toying on treating myself up from my Qutest/HMS combo and very much now teetering towards a TT2. Your descriptions are certainly not helping (my bank account that is) but however definitely helping me make my mind to take the TT2 plunge though. Many thanks supervisor. Nice descriptors, all my favourite emotive key words in a row.

Also a question for those who have had one of these for a while, does the TT2 go through significant burn in, it’s just that caps forming in electronics is often discussed as a big part of burn in so wondering if the super caps go through a similar settling in process?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  13. ZappaMan
    I haven’t noticed any burn in, but I’m not particularly observant !

Amberlamps and Tao8 like this.
  14. STR-1
    Rob said this when I asked the question - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...official-thread.879425/page-130#post-14536436

Tao8 likes this.
  15. dawktah2
    I'm still curious if those turntables with usb out would work into TT2 or is some kind of driver required?

CobusT likes this.
First

Back
292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312
Next

Last