Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 2, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #4,291 of 18,905

any feedback of meze with just the tt2 without the mscaler, as that is too expensive to add

to be honest seeing that still on top to add an mscaler worries me if the tt2 by itself is great for the price of its cost

Feb 2, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #4,293 of 18,905
any feedback of meze with just the tt2 without the mscaler, as that is too expensive to add

to be honest seeing that still on top to add an mscaler worries me if the tt2 by itself is great for the price of its cost
Buy the TT2 first and later on if you feel the need ( afford ) get the mscaler.
Emperyan should be fantastic even with the Mojo, so with the TT2 you will be in a very nice surprise.

Feb 2, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #4,294 of 18,905
Tristan, without the HMS in the chain, what do you think about the TT2 compared to your once owned TT1 in terms of sound?

I am planning on moving from my leaner sounding H2 to a fuller sounding DAC. TT1 can be had for $2k. But I feel TT2 is future proof and has better features. I'd appreciate your input.

It sounds great. I no longer have the original TT here to direct compare them but can say the TT2 sounds amazing.

Feb 2, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #4,295 of 18,905
So I had a wood cutting block laying around. It just so happens, it fits the Chord stack perfectly. :)

I put some rubber isoblock feet under it.

Good isolation from vibrations. Probably not totally necessary although I do have a subwoofer and speakers nearby. I think it looks cool too.

IMG_4854.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #4,296 of 18,905
So I had a wood cutting block laying around. It just so happens, it fits the Chord stack perfectly. :)

I put some rubber isoblock feet under it. Probably not totally necessary although I do have a subwoofer and speakers nearby.

Looking good! I can't wait to post some pictures but I am still waiting. By the looks of it either I was forgotten or there were only a dozen of black TT 2 shipped to US.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #4,297 of 18,905
Looking good! I can't wait to post some pictures but I am still waiting. By the looks of it either I was forgotten or there were only a dozen of black TT 2 shipped to US.

I was told I got the first ones, at least from the dealer I purchased from.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #4,298 of 18,905
@Mediahound - in one of your videos, I recall that you found Hugo 2 sounds brighter than the TT. With TT2, do you hear it is less brighter than Hugo 2?

I find Hugo 2 to be somewhat bright even at the warmest filter at times.

Compare to other DACs out there you heard, how would you rate TT 2 so far?

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #4,299 of 18,905
@Mediahound - in one of your videos, I recall that you found Hugo 2 sounds brighter than the TT. With TT2, do you hear it is less brighter than Hugo 2?

Yes, it's definitely more 'euphonic' with a better bass as well than with Hugo 2. Probably in part to to the increased power output as well.

Feb 2, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #4,301 of 18,905

I dont know what headphones you had before, but how would you rate the meze one’s on their own and compared to your other headphones ?

Now that you have got your setup, on a scale of 1 - 10, what would you rate the combo as ?

Feb 2, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #4,302 of 18,905
How do you like amp section in comparison V281 Tristan?

Both sound great. Hugo TT2 is on another level though with it's supercapacitors though.

Feb 2, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #4,303 of 18,905
I dont know what headphones you had before, but how would you rate the meze one’s on their own and compared to your other headphones ?

Now that you have got your setup, on a scale of 1 - 10, what would you rate the combo as ?

haven't done enough listening or the recommended ~10 hours break-in time yet. but will report back.

my profile page has all my cans. these are currently perched next to my Ether 2 and Utopia.

Feb 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #4,305 of 18,905
Hang in there. It's worth the wait !! I can't get enough of mine. Rediscovering my music library has been a blast!

Thanks!

In anticipation I have been re-ripping our collection to FLAC. Which by the way has created an issue with an old Roku device we have. It cannot play FLAC so it fails to read files from NAS. I did this for bit perfect files for the TT 2 but didn't think ahead about this issue. Synology server can "transcode to wav" but I don't know enough about this to understand why although its "on/checked" files still don't play.

If anyone has an idea PLEASE PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back