Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,231 of 18,991
Say I'm playing through Roon on my laptop and it's 16 bit 44khz signal going to M scaler then to Hugo TT 2 would the m scaler be a waste of money? Or will scaling CD sound make it sound better, this is were it gets very confusing for me

I think they're designed to work together so can't imagine if you have the TT2, that the M Scaler would not make a big difference.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,232 of 18,991
Just back from canjam. I asked if the M scaler would work with Hugo2, answer was yes. It would not work with original Hugo.
The sound from tt2 with the upscaler was phenomenal even in the very far from favourable listening conditions. That probably doesn’t say much to any of you as I didn’t hear tt2 by itself to compare and you don’t know my listening preferences but it was still an immersive experience. Time to rob a bank

How would it compare against a DAVE

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #1,233 of 18,991
Just back from canjam. I asked if the M scaler would work with Hugo2, answer was yes. It would not work with original Hugo.
The sound from tt2 with the upscaler was phenomenal even in the very far from favourable listening conditions. That probably doesn’t say much to any of you as I didn’t hear tt2 by itself to compare and you don’t know my listening preferences but it was still an immersive experience. Time to rob a bank

What was the system ? Eg which server, amps and speakers

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,235 of 18,991
Presentation on the hugo TT 2 tomorrow, I'm looking forward to hearing about that, M scaler huge news but I can't let it damper my enjoyment of getting my chord hugo TT 2,I see it as a positive if I'm honest, climb the hi-fi ladder without having to go down the Dave route

The $64k question is of course is "What is the difference between an MScaler/TT2 and an Scaler/DAVE"? since neither of the DACS do any upsampling when paired with the MScaler.

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,237 of 18,991
Source was a Mac book pro , custom cables, focal utopia headphones.

I didn’t get to hear the Dave, I was gutted about that. It was on demo , not connected to the M scaler though.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,238 of 18,991
I will see many people selling Dave to get the M Scaler £3500 and Hugo TT 2 £3995.
The M Scaler works with Hugo 2, Hugo TT2, Qutest, Dave.
Going back tomorrow for more listening. This will sell really well i can tell by people's reaction.
My audiophile friends, now is time to save as this is the Real Game Changer.
Both available to purchase in October.
Pre-orders being taken now.
20180721_141835.jpg

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #1,240 of 18,991
The $64k question is of course is "What is the difference between an MScaler/TT2 and an Scaler/DAVE"? since neither of the DACS do any upsampling when paired with the MScaler.
Of course the Dave and m scaler will be the best but my opinion is that once I do buy the M scaler then that's it for me, it would destroy the top of the range Naim network player worth nearly 30 grand with the two supercaps so I'll be happy

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,241 of 18,991
I will see many people selling Dave to get the M Scaler £3500 and Hugo TT 2 £3995.
The M Scaler works with Hugo 2, Hugo TT2, Qutest, Dave.
Going back tomorrow for more listening. This will sell really well i can tell by people's reaction.
My audiophile friends, now is time to save as this is the Real Game Changer.
Both available to purchase in October.
Pre-orders being taken now.
I don't think that at all, I think they will keep Dave and sell the blu 2.. Bite the bullet and get the M scaler and join Tidal and if they haven't got a blu 2 then they will definitely get the hugo plus M Scaler,it's a win win situation, typical of Chord to make things easier for the customer's

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,242 of 18,991

Of course the Dave and m scaler will be the best but my opinion is that once I do buy the M scaler then that's it for me, it would destroy the top of the range Naim network player worth nearly 30 grand with the two supercaps so I'll be happy
I'm really not so sure about it. :confused: Considering the care that has been taken for the TT2's output stage...

Jul 21, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,244 of 18,991
Well, DAVE alone will certainly be superior to TT₂ alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back