Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 25, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #1,441 of 18,905
Won't be an issue after Brexit in March, because UK no longer in EU.
The issue for me, is a worst case no-deal Brexit, which presumably would mean that Chord (like all UK firms) would lose their CE electrical safety accreditation, and couldn't sell their products in the EU.
:slight_frown:

trumps no fan of Britain either it seems.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,442 of 18,905
Maybe we need to be pro active and start making our own electronic components instead of importing everything, we use to be a great country once why can't we do it again.We have a cutting edge company that does digital effects that Hollywood use that no-one else can do, if I'm mistaken all formula 1 cars aerodynamics are designed in the UK
every country should specialize in what they do, but lets stop the populism right now. Globalization has been a benefit big time, and electronics and us consumers have benefited right along with it. lets build relationships, not look inside.

Jul 25, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #1,443 of 18,905
trumps no fan of briton either it seems.
It changes every 24 hours.
Chord, like all manufacturers, benefit from stable or predictable operating conditions, which make business decisions less risky.
Businesses all around the world, are facing an environment where tariffs and trade wars, fluctuate from minor to severe almost daily, and it does make it difficult for global supply chains.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #1,444 of 18,905
Won't be an issue after Brexit in March, because UK no longer in EU.
The issue for me, is a worst case no-deal Brexit, which presumably would mean that Chord (like all UK firms) would lose their CE electrical safety accreditation, and couldn't sell their products in the EU.
:slight_frown:
You consider the custom fee to europe. If the pound mantains same level the price of uk products goes to the stars. And now EU signed with Japan a commercial agreement so no custom for products from Japan to Eu

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,445 of 18,905
You consider the custom fee to europe. If the pound mantains same level the price of uk products goes to the stars. And now EU signed with Japan a commercial agreement so no custom for products from Japan to Eu
If UK firms (including Chord) lose their CE safety accreditation overnight, then they cannot sell their products in the EU. Customs agreements/tariffs only affect the price - the price is irrelevant, if the electrical product does not have CE accreditation, and cannot be offered for sale in the first place.

Jul 25, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,446 of 18,905
Your TT2 will still sound excellent and to be honest, its probably wise to get TT2 first.

Had I not had a Hugo 2, I would of bought the TT2 first, but since both TT2 and MS are meant to compliment each other, I decided to just get both at the same time and do away with hugo 2 via Trade in.

I will just keep my mojo and poly for portable use.

On the basis that Rob travels only with Hugo2 and MScaler, rather than Dave anymore or just the Hugo2,you may wish to rethink that strategy perhaps

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,447 of 18,905
If UK firms (including Chord) lose their CE safety accreditation overnight, then they cannot sell their products in the EU. Customs agreements/tariffs only affect the price - the price is irrelevant, if the electrical product does not have CE accreditation, and cannot be offered for sale in the first place.
of course.but after the question of CE accreditation, if EU custmer pay a lot more for UK products, simply buys from other countries

Jul 25, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #1,450 of 18,905
I think the European economies are very close to the edge, at least half are actually bankrupt.

They can’t afford to lose their business to the uk, just as the uk couldn’t afford to lose European trade.

I predict an amicable settlement, whereby everyone is, ‘as you were’.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #1,451 of 18,905
I have to do some research on VAT and the currency conversion. I'm just wondering where the break point is for me to fly to London to buy vs. here in US. Customs duty?

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,453 of 18,905
Just out of curiosity, why we can't use M Scaler with Mojo using this modified cable in the above image?

Despite the huge difference in price between Mojo and M Scaler.

I doubt it.

The main problem I see is, dual bnc coming out of mscaler and needing to go into coax or usb on mojo, not sure if coax will work properly since its not a dual coax port like hugos and also not sure if you can get a dual bnc to usb cable.

Only usb gives sample rates of 700+ khz on mojo.

The coax port on hugo 2 is dual 384khz streams, which together combine for the full 768khz and lower. Mojos is only single stream and maxes out at 384khz. If tried, maybe it will only output in mono ?

Also a dual bnc to usb cable for the full 700+khz , I have never seen such a thing. Not sure if its even possible ? Never needed one, so have never looked for one and not sure if they exist

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back