Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 17, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #14,491 of 18,907
Yes i love the DAVE But I also have a holo may KTE incoming so gonna spend alot of time comparing lol 😆
Nice, the Dave is amazing. I'm also looking for an alternative sound to it since I have a few amps. I want a second setup that sounds completely different for the Dave. I have the headphones and having two distinct setups will offer me a lot of flexibility to enjoy them.

Jul 17, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #14,492 of 18,907
Nice, the Dave is amazing. I'm also looking for an alternative sound to it since I have a few amps. I want a second setup that sounds completely different for the Dave. I have the headphones and having two distinct setups will offer me a lot of flexibility to enjoy them.

Sounds like an R2R dac is in your future :D
I've never heard any either so excited to hear one.

Jul 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #14,493 of 18,907
Sounds like an R2R dac is in your future :D
I've never heard any either so excited to hear one.
Yes, a forum member it letting me borrow his Sagra DAC and I can’t wait to get a listen to it. It’ll be the first time I listened to anything other than a Chord DAC. It should be a lot of fun 😄.

Jul 18, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #14,495 of 18,907
Yes i love the DAVE But I also have a holo may KTE incoming so gonna spend alot of time comparing lol 😆

Let us know which one you like the most and the main sonic differences between them.

I have also sold my TT2 btw 😊.

Jul 18, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #14,497 of 18,907
Like you, I agree there is no one “right” sound or approach to listening.

Jul 18, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #14,498 of 18,907
Wow…you are into this! I’ve been reading a bit about the Holo May so I will be anxious to hear your opinion!

Check out golden sounds holo may review on youtube if you haven't seen

Jul 18, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #14,501 of 18,907
Jul 18, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #14,502 of 18,907

Jul 28, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #14,504 of 18,907
There was a thread on the Naim forum called Qutest/Mscaler/TT2 which had a lot of posts, and also chronicled quite a few Naim streamer/amp users that ended up switching to all Chord gear. Toonartist, PM’d me earlier that Naim finally had enough and deleted it.
Sure enough, it is now gone…hopefully we can continue discussing the TT2 over here, and all the different ways to utilize it, whether that is with Mscaler, PGGB files, HQplayer, feeding from a Laptop, Pi, dedicated streamer (like me) or something else entirely.
I know Toonartist and Simon in Suffolk from the Naim forum post here occasionally, maybe there are actually more members from that forum posting here, with different names? One that comes to mind is Triode-user, known as Four-legs on the Naim forum.
In the end, I guess someone might of posted something over there that either broke forum rules, or got under Naim’s skin.

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #14,505 of 18,907
There was a thread on the Naim forum called Qutest/Mscaler/TT2 which had a lot of posts, and also chronicled quite a few Naim streamer/amp users that ended up switching to all Chord gear. Toonartist, PM’d me earlier that Naim finally had enough and deleted it.
Sure enough, it is now gone…hopefully we can continue discussing the TT2 over here, and all the different ways to utilize it, whether that is with Mscaler, PGGB files, HQplayer, feeding from a Laptop, Pi, dedicated streamer (like me) or something else entirely.
I know Toonartist and Simon in Suffolk from the Naim forum post here occasionally, maybe there are actually more members from that forum posting here, with different names? One that comes to mind is Triode-user, known as Four-legs on the Naim forum.
In the end, I guess someone might of posted something over there that either broke forum rules, or got under Naim’s skin.
I suspect that Naim had had enough. Go back a few years to when the 2Qute was released, and the Naim forum contained posts about Naim owners replacing their Naim dacs with the 2Qute. I am surprised that Naim have taken so long to spring clean their forum - it must have been frustrating to their marketing team to have posts praising Chord dacs, on the Naim forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back