Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 22, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #1,291 of 18,905
Yeah, thats a weird setup, I can’t figure it out, especially the part about using just one rca output. Whoever took the picture should be shot for missing the obvious bum shot. Which would of been so helpful.

Plus, it looks like the coax port isn’t even used which is surprising. I thought it would of been hence the 2 streams of 384khz. I have a theory but its probably wrong. It is a weird setup in that photo. If it is some weird ghetto cable mod, it would be excellent to have it in the box alongside the mscaler, but my sources say, cable not included.

If anything, they should of called it Hugo TT 2 MScaler.
It was a Rob Watts photo, to prove that the Hugo2 works with the standalone M-Scaler, when he is flying.
It did surprise me that the coaxial socket was not used, but maybe this subject will become clearer to me in due course.

I think the name is OK. The Choral family has the Blu2, and the Hugo family (Hugo2, Qutest, Hugo TT2) has the Hugo M Scaler.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #1,292 of 18,905
Yeah, thats a weird setup, I can’t figure it out, especially the part about using just one rca output. Whoever took the picture should be shot for missing the obvious bum shot. Which would of been so helpful.

Plus, it looks like the coax port isn’t even used which is surprising. I thought it would of been hence the 2 streams of 384khz. I have a theory but its probably wrong. It is a weird setup in that photo. If it is some weird ghetto cable mod, it would be excellent to have it in the box alongside the mscaler, but my sources say, cable not included.

The photo isn't very clear but is it possible that a cable with a dual jack on it has been spliced onto two individual bnc cables so that the Hugo MScaler can feed the Hugo 2 through its dual data jack input socket?

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,293 of 18,905
No. Why? Because it's not a 2nd generation device. They did not call the newly-released speaker amp TToby the TToby 2.

You seen the picture of htt2, mscaler and I think it was ttoby, cant recall, There is a picture of the three of them stacked on top of each other, which was done intentionally by chord.

So it would seem fitting to be H2 mscaler, since its stacked with one.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,294 of 18,905
You seen the picture of htt2, mscaler and I think it was ttoby, cant recall, There is a picture of the three of them stacked on top of each other, which was done intentionally by chord.

So it would seem fitting to be H2 mscaler, since its stacked with one.

Again, it's not a 2nd generation product so they would not put a '2' in the name.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #1,295 of 18,905
It was a Rob Watts photo, to prove that the Hugo2 works with the standalone M-Scaler, when he is flying.
It did surprise me that the coaxial socket was not used, but maybe this subject will become clearer to me in due course.

I think the name is OK. The Choral family has the Blu2, and the Hugo family (Hugo2, Qutest, Hugo TT2) has the Hugo M Scaler.

Yes, thats why I said in a few posts that it was probably portable, I thought possibly an addon for hugo2 since rob mentioned he wanted mscaler sound whilst flying and travelling. His definition of portable is totally different to mine, portable to me means mojo and poly, even hugo 2 is pushing it but, mscaler on a plane lol.

My baby will forever be kept in a glass bubble and only be fed a vegan diet of nuclear electricity.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #1,297 of 18,905
The photo isn't very clear but is it possible that a cable with a dual jack on it has been spliced onto two individual bnc cables so that the Hugo MScaler can feed the Hugo 2 through its dual data jack input socket?

Yeah, could be, I couldnt make head nor tails of that photo.

Rob does mention, coax to rca and rca to bnc or just straight up coax to bnc, so coax has to be used, even if it didnt look like that in the photo.

No doubt we will see a pic of how its connected soon. I just want them to be made or bought if possible before it lands on my doorstep.

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #1,298 of 18,905
Yeah, could be, I couldnt make head nor tails of that photo.

Rob does mention, coax to rca and rca to bnc or just straight up coax to bnc, so coax has to be used, even if it didnt look like that in the photo.

No doubt we will see a pic of how its connected soon. I just want them to be made or bought if possible before it lands on my doorstep.
I think shipping was mentioned as october, so plenty of time to organise cables, or bodge a DIY version.
Interesting that so far there is no mention of a M Scaler thread. Such a thread would help collect/focus the many questions that potential buyers must have at the moment.

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,299 of 18,905
IMG_20180722_191730.jpg

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,301 of 18,905
I think shipping was mentioned as october, so plenty of time to organise cables, or bodge a DIY version.
Interesting that so far there is no mention of a M Scaler thread. Such a thread would help collect/focus the many questions that potential buyers must have at the moment.

I was actually thinking and looking for the same thing, searched yesterday but couldn’t find anything, except for a mention in a couple of other threads.

To be honest, I think it does deserve a thread, since everyone who has had the pleasure of hearing dave and mscaler or tt2 and mscaler, eveeyone seems to be blown away.

Something like that needs not only a new thread, but a dedicated part of the internet, now that its available to the masses, or soon will be.

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #1,302 of 18,905
I'm not clever enough to start a new thread, don't the moderators do that?

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #1,305 of 18,905
I didn’t care much about introduction of HTT2, but the combination HMS&HTT2 is just great. For me the real deal begins when it will become portable, even though I like Rob Watts’ kind of portable setup using HMS&H2 with a battery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back