Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 2, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #8,491 of 18,907
Hello,
I am sorry if this was answered before. I am considering buying TT2 to be used as a DAC to Lyngdorf TDAI3400 amp. I have Hugo2 at home. So I would like to ask if TT2 is considerably better as a DAC compared to Hugo2?
Sorry stupid question but you want a dac for lyngdorf? If i'm right lyngdorf tdai3400 works in digital domain so converts analogue input to digital

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #8,492 of 18,907
Someone please. Which link is it for the threads that we are following?

(I only found this thread because I found it in my activity.)

OK found it. ……... Under Forums > Watched > Watched Threads.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #8,494 of 18,907
Sorry stupid question but you want a dac for lyngdorf? If i'm right lyngdorf tdai3400 works in digital domain so converts analogue input to digital
Hi, after reading Lyngdorf forums, I realised, that many owners were using it with TT2 or Dave. I have connected Hugo2 to TDAI3400 and it sounded much better, than Lyngdorf only. After buying Aqvox SE switch and Supra cat8 Lan cables this difference disappeared. So if TT2 Dac is much better, than Hugo2, then it is very likely, that I will be able to hear this. I have agreed for a demo unit in 3 weeks and will tell you, what are my impressions after testing.

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #8,495 of 18,907
Hi, after reading Lyngdorf forums, I realised, that many owners were using it with TT2 or Dave. I have connected Hugo2 to TDAI3400 and it sounded much better, than Lyngdorf only. After buying Aqvox SE switch and Supra cat8 Lan cables this difference disappeared. So if TT2 Dac is much better, than Hugo2, then it is very likely, that I will be able to hear this. I have agreed for a demo unit in 3 weeks and will tell you, what are my impressions after testing.
It is strange. . I think with a dac you have double conversion. Digital to analogue first and analogue to digital in amplifier. But if you say that sounds better with hugo 2 good

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #8,496 of 18,907

Going in through the analogue inputs of the 3400 is a great way to boost its sound quality. Something not quite right with its digital inputs, which degrade sound quality. I used Qutest and then TT2 very successfully with my 3400, before selling it and moving on.

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #8,497 of 18,907
I think there is a Chord presentation coming soon. I was thinking what Chord should make next. I think they should make a stand alone file source for table-top / desktop / or for in a hi-fi rig. One that operates by remote control or the usual smartphone or tablet or maybe even laptop by wifi. (I don't mean streaming to the file source device from laptop, I mean control from, if that's possible.)

I keep reading that the best solution is a low power device. Folk keep saying it's what Rob recommends. A file source device with a HDD would not use much power surely. Just a clean output to DAC would do. With all the DAC range Chord E have, it would make sense to have a table-top stand-alone file player.

(I don't mean a streamer either, because I don't want a stand alone file player with streaming too. I don't want streaming. I want stand alone file playing. Adding streaming just means adding a lot of cost for something I would not use. I want a file player so my PC can be off. Not my PC on feeding a streamer, when I can feed my DAC from PC anyway.)

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #8,498 of 18,907
Err there are tons available they are called music servers

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #8,499 of 18,907
I think there is a Chord presentation coming soon. I was thinking what Chord should make next. I think they should make a stand alone file source for table-top / desktop / or for in a hi-fi rig. One that operates by remote control or the usual smartphone or tablet or maybe even laptop by wifi. (I don't mean streaming to the file source device from laptop, I mean control from, if that's possible.)

I keep reading that the best solution is a low power device. Folk keep saying it's what Rob recommends. A file source device with a HDD would not use much power surely. Just a clean output to DAC would do. With all the DAC range Chord E have, it would make sense to have a table-top stand-alone file player.

I don't mean a streamer either, because I don't want a stand alone file player with streaming too. I don't want streaming.

I want stand-alone file playing to feed my Chord DACs, so no built in DAC in the file-player. Adding streaming just means adding a lot of cost for something I would not use. I want a file player so my PC can be off. Not my PC on feeding a streamer, when I can feed my DAC from PC anyway.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #8,500 of 18,907
Err they are called music servers, they play saved files

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #8,501 of 18,907
Err they are called music servers, they play saved files
Indeed, I looked at Antipodes a few years back, which I know you use, but in the end I simply could not afford one. I ended up buying a Naim Core to go with my Naim NDS streamer, very happy with both Into my TT2.

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #8,502 of 18,907
I have started getting irregular (15-30mins apart) clicking noises coming from the unit itself without anything being displayed on the display, like what some here were describing. In DAC mode only so far i think.
Decided to contact their support about it - let's see...

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #8,505 of 18,907
Yes but hey have DAC and streamers, that I said I don't want. Mr Err didn't bother to read my post.
ok the servers have apps that can access different streaming and other utilities but you don’t have to use them, think of it as free bees. Concerning a dac, yes most come with some type of dac, which gets by passed by a dac you are usb ing. In antipodes case they don’t advertise nor detail that there is a dac on board the primary use is to feed a high quality dac. It’s there and it doesn’t cost much (built in to price) for those that need it. So don’t get swayed at all by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back