Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #346 of 18,905
Apparently I'm first to pre order from nintronics so I'll be first in the queue, I'm sure they say that to all the customers who have pre ordered lol, keep them sweet.Chord said Autumn so I'm hoping to get it fingers crossed the day before Christmas Eve.Now Tyll has retired I might buy the Sony Z1R next, I like the sound of it having loads of bass, something I've never experienced in over head headphones,just hope the cable doesn't turn red with the heat from the power of the hugo TT 2.I've got my
Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT to listen too now the focal clear have gone, better than the focal Utopia lol and I'll have my flare pro to use into the hugo TT 2 until I get some headphones, don't know what's happened with the font size strange!!

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #347 of 18,905
Apparently I'm first to pre order from nintronics so I'll be first in the queue, I'm sure they say that to all the customers who have pre ordered lol, keep them sweet.
Paul, you beat me to it this time! I think I was one of the first to get H2 in June last year but I’ve only just decided to accept the inevitable and ask Nintronics to add my name to the TT 2 waiting list. No response yet, though...
That really, really will have to be my end game!
Tony

May 21, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #348 of 18,905
Paul, you beat me to it this time! I think I was one of the first to get H2 in June last year but I’ve only just decided to accept the inevitable and ask Nintronics to add my name to the TT 2 waiting list. No response yet, though...
That really, really will have to be my end game!
Tony
Lol Tony sorry about that mate, I'm hoping your getting silver and I'm getting black so we can get them at the same time, it's end game for me but Mrs said it won't be

May 21, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #349 of 18,905
Dances around the room singing #I'm getting a hugo TT 2 #.Don't get me wrong ppl out there with a blu and Dave don't batter an eyelid but this is my moment, I'm a factory worker and to own a chord hugo TT 2 is the pinnacle for me, even if it sounds terrible I can say I worked hard to get it,hope secondhand values are good

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #352 of 18,905
my question for rob, I remember Dave xlr not having enough power (low enough output impedance) to drive headphones or speakers. has it changed with Hugo tt2 ? if XLRs of tt2 are capable to drive speakers , then how the balance topology of tt2 is different than dave ?

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #353 of 18,905
my question for rob, I remember Dave xlr not having enough power (low enough output impedance) to drive headphones or speakers. has it changed with Hugo tt2 ? if XLRs of tt2 are capable to drive speakers , then how the balance topology of tt2 is different than dave ?

DAVE is limited to 2w output power I believe. So yeah, the TT2 puts out a lot more power, something like 12 watts out of the XLR's.

May 21, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #354 of 18,905
The hugo TT 2 is far more powerful than the Dave but doesn't have the clarity of the Dave

May 21, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #355 of 18,905
Yes – Rob has confirmed it a few posts back. The XLR outputs offer double the power of the single-ended outputs and are fully speaker-compatible – even the 8 Ω restriction is gone (6 Ω is o.k., sais Rob).

May 21, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #356 of 18,905
Apparently I'm first to pre order from nintronics so I'll be first in the queue, I'm sure they say that to all the customers who have pre ordered lol, keep them sweet.Chord said Autumn so I'm hoping to get it fingers crossed the day before Christmas Eve.Now Tyll has retired I might buy the Sony Z1R next, I like the sound of it having loads of bass, something I've never experienced in over head headphones,just hope the cable doesn't turn red with the heat from the power of the hugo TT 2.I've got my
Audio-Technica ATH-DSR9BT to listen too now the focal clear have gone, better than the focal Utopia lol and I'll have my flare pro to use into the hugo TT 2 until I get some headphones, don't know what's happened with the font size strange!!

Turn the volume of your music down.

That way you wont need to shout whilst using headphones.

:)

P.S

“Now that Tyll has gone I may buy Sony Z1R”

Lol, too funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #357 of 18,905
So, for a hard to drive headphone such as the HE6 or Susvara, is it possible (with an adapter) to run the headphones out of the rear XLR's of the HTT2? Or am I misunderstanding?

May 21, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #359 of 18,905
So, for a hard to drive headphone such as the HE6 or Susvara, is it possible (with an adapter) to run the headphones out of the rear XLR's of the HTT2? Or am I misunderstanding?
Yes, but not necessary from a power POV and not recommendable from a sonic POV (altough the difference may be small):
When driving headphones (or passive loudspeakers) there is no benefit from the headphone POV of balanced drive. So you should only consider the XLR if your headphone needs the voltage or power output - and given that TT2 can deliver 9v RMS or 7W into 8 ohms, it's difficult to imagine needing any more power at all - certainly not the HD800S, as these are easy to drive. The benefits of the XLR are (maybe) for feeding balanced power amps, or certainly for loudspeakers, when 18W RMS/8 may be needed.

May 21, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #360 of 18,905
Yes, but not necessary from a power POV and not recommendable from a sonic POV (altough the difference may be small):

If you want to run the Susvara or HE6 with a slight bass boost, the extra power may indeed be necessary to reach higher SPL levels without distortion. The iFi Micro iDSD BL puts out 10V vs. the 9V from the HTT2 (SE output) and the BL clips with the bass boost on with the Susvara at higher volume levels. I'd definitely consider giving the HTT2 an audition though, as if it can run the Susvara well it would fit my needs well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back