Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 14, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #3,406 of 18,905
Damn. Two months ago my dealer said I could buy a silver one there and then, or wait two months for a black one. I decided to wait for black. The box arrived today, and lo and behold!

Such a bummer! Not sure what to do now. Will contact my dealer and see what they say :)

Sucks! Raise some hell... you waited a long time for a particular item and they had one job.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #3,407 of 18,905
I've got c.20 hrs on mine. In 50+ years of misc. hi-fi boxes, I've never had anything that feels as warm to the touch as this, especially on the right hand side. I'm going AMP>Lo-G>XLR>ATC actives. Anyone concur ?

Secondly, has anyone observed there to be a discernible burn-in bonus ? If so, how many hours (that's a joke btw)

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #3,408 of 18,905
Nope. It was initially said to be the same as Hugo(1), then mentioned by Chord on the threads to be more than Hugo(1) (around double - approx 50K) run half speed. Only in the last few days has it been mentioned otherwise by Head Fi-ers. It really doesn’t matter, but I know how it gets out of hand on Head Fi with misinformation so that’s why I brought it up.

Why the cloak and dagger? I suspect it was to prevent sales moving away from Hugo(1) at the time based on TAP length when Mojo was released for those that feel that is the main selling point. I received a Mojo for review before it was released and when I asked about TAP length it was said they would not reveal it, but it was mentioned to me Mojo had at least equal performance to Hugo(1). Now it’s confirmed to be 38K TAPs.

Anyway, TT2 thread.... 90K TAPs.

It was probably on here that I read it, disinformation, fake news etc etc. I shall find the culprit via the search function. Not really, ahwell its out of the bag now, 24k taps it is.

:)

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #3,409 of 18,905
I know where the term taps originated from. if there's general collective interest let me know and i'll look it up again and report back. Phuca the way you play with words is very clever and funny maybe a career in stand up comedy? TT2 is looking more realistic than dave but even that will need some careful financial planning trading in h2. (h2/hms/pm1 cleaned me out).

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #3,410 of 18,905
Damn. Two months ago my dealer said I could buy a silver one there and then, or wait two months for a black one. I decided to wait for black. The box arrived today, and lo and behold!

Such a bummer! Not sure what to do now. Will contact my dealer and see what they say :)

No way, did that really happen or is this a wind up ?

Keep it, as chances of getting a black one before xmas/next year is uber slim. Keep it as silver with black will add some contrast to wherever it’s located. Or keep it and play with it until a black one is delivered.

If it was me, I would just keep it, or keep it until it could be swapped, hope it works out for you dude,

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #3,411 of 18,905

Major bummer, u should be allowed to use this until your ordered one turns up.

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #3,412 of 18,905
Or maybe a little black shoe polish applied liberally might do the trick? no one will know and i won't spread it around.:thumbsup:

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #3,413 of 18,905
I've got c.20 hrs on mine. In 50+ years of misc. hi-fi boxes, I've never had anything that feels as warm to the touch as this, especially on the right hand side. I'm going AMP>Lo-G>XLR>ATC actives. Anyone concur ?

Secondly, has anyone observed there to be a discernible burn-in bonus ? If so, how many hours (that's a joke btw)

Mine warm at the power connector side, it’s generally warm all over, but its hotter on the power side. Mines is stacked on top of mscaler.

I can take precise temps if you want to compare.

Where tt2 is drilled out on top, tt2 bit is 96oF, window is 93, 83 for bluetooth window and 95 for volume ball. 88 for the display when its off.

Does that correlate ?

Hottest part which is the tt2 sign, it’s 35oC for uk folk. I would say well within spec.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #3,414 of 18,905
I have been told running tt2/hms separately rather than stacked could be better. but stacked is good to go so no worries.

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #3,415 of 18,905
Sucks! Raise some hell... you waited a long time for a particular item and they had one job.

Well, I won't raise hell probably. Just going to wait until the dealership is open and see what they say my options are.

No way, did that really happen or is this a wind up ?

Keep it, as chances of getting a black one before xmas/next year is uber slim. Keep it as silver with black will add some contrast to wherever it’s located. Or keep it and play with it until a black one is delivered.

If it was me, I would just keep it, or keep it until it could be swapped, hope it works out for you dude,

No wind up, haha. Just reporting my depression lol.

Major bummer, u should be allowed to use this until your ordered one turns up.

It is a major bummer. I'm going to wait until I hear from the dealership before doing anything. Might just have to ship it back as is. We shall see.

I shall report back!

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #3,416 of 18,905
Well that didn't last long. Couldn't wait to hear it. Sounding good so far.

Tkh3RlY.jpg

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #3,417 of 18,905
I know where the term taps originated from. if there's general collective interest let me know and i'll look it up again and report back. Phuca the way you play with words is very clever and funny maybe a career in stand up comedy? TT2 is looking more realistic than dave but even that will need some careful financial planning trading in h2. (h2/hms/pm1 cleaned me out).

I would like to find out where it came from, taps, not meaning faucets, as in the UK, faucets are know as hot water or cold water taps.

I’m just meaning the digital audio companies use of the word. How did they arrive at that ?

Cleaned you and me both out, when you do have the cash, choose tt2, it’s much cheaper and I would dare say probably impossible to hear the difference by the majority of folk in the world, or if it can be heard it won’t be by a huge margin. Tt2 and hms is end game for me.

It took me all of 5 minutes to fall in love with tt2. Thats how good I think it is.

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #3,418 of 18,905
Mine warm at the power connector side, it’s generally warm all over, but its hotter on the power side. Mines is stacked on top of mscaler.

I can take precise temps if you want to compare.

Where tt2 is drilled out on top, tt2 bit is 96oF, window is 93, 83 for bluetooth window and 95 for volume ball. 88 for the display when its off.

Does that correlate ?

Hottest part which is the tt2 sign, it’s 35oC for uk folk. I would say well within spec.

Thanks. I don't have a thermometer handy but I'll get one. I expect it's fine, as, the OT L/R/F warnings haven't come on. Never having had any Chord gear before, I'm surprised at how refined the tt2 sounds. I had expected a bit of a wild child, rather than a maiden aunt. I'm hoping aunty will loosen up a bit when she realises she's amongst friends.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #3,420 of 18,905
How did they arrive at that ?

http://www.the-ear.net/how-to/rob-watts-chord-mojo-tech

Excerpt:
Rob Watts: OK, the interpolation filter’s job in a DAC is to re- create the missing parts of the original analogue signal - the signal in between one sample and the next. This is done with an FIR filter. In a simple way, a FIR filter consists of a data memory (this stores previous data samples) and a coefficient memory (this is a fixed memory with all of the coefficients that the filter algorithm has created). To create an intermediate data, you simply multiply and add all of the stored data samples with a particular coefficient, and once you have added all of the values you end up with the intermediate value you need. Now in the early days, you used a delay line to store the previous data samples, and you tapped into this delay line in order to access the stored data. Hence the word taps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back