Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Nov 9, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #2,551 of 19,009
  • Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
  • Recommended Amplifiers: 30 to 150 watts
  • Frequency Response: 35Hz to 30KHz
  • Sensitivity: 88db linear for 1 watt at 1 meter
The above are the specs for the Pro ac reference monitors @Rob Watts do you think this would produce an adequate amount of volume from the balanced out on the Tt 2? . Thanks .

It depends upon the size of the room, how close you are to the monitors, and how much volume you want. My 803 D3 work perfectly for me in my listening room, and I only use the 7W SE outputs, not the 18W, so it's certainly worth giving it a go.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #2,552 of 19,009
  • Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
  • Recommended Amplifiers: 30 to 150 watts
  • Frequency Response: 35Hz to 30KHz
  • Sensitivity: 88db linear for 1 watt at 1 meter
The above are the specs for the Pro ac reference monitors @Rob Watts do you think this would produce an adequate amount of volume from the balanced out on the Tt 2? . Thanks .
Rob is right to suggest 'try it'.
Using a hugo 2, I can easily direct drive wharfedale diamonds (86 dB) as computer monitors using approx 0.5 watts, and also direct drive monitor audio silver rx (90 dB) using less power in the downstairs lounge. Based on robs experience, I anticipate being able to use a TT2 to drive my focal aria floorstanders.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,553 of 19,009
It depends upon the size of the room, how close you are to the monitors, and how much volume you want. My 803 D3 work perfectly for me in my listening room, and I only use the 7W SE outputs, not the 18W, so it's certainly worth giving it a go.

If I were to connect the 18 w connection to speakers what sort of connector would I need to connect to my banana connection of my speaker wire..?

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #2,554 of 19,009
Hi Rob,
Can you please post some photos of how you connect your TT2 to speaker, what cables you use and your music source as reference. Thank you.

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #2,556 of 19,009
Had the interview, they said I go off topic too much and the readers don't want to know about my life story but about the product I'm reviewing
Actually we like hearing about your life story

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #2,558 of 19,009
be great to get more impressions of tt2, theres almost no reviews online, and suppose we shouldn't trust them review writers. Especially interested in the improvements from hugo 2.

I prob need to reread the thread, but having an mscaler, am i loosing out on the taps within tt2 ? Should i worry about it ! Still feels wasteful to have stuff in there that is automatically bypassed.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #2,559 of 19,009
IMG_20181110_172921.jpg
be great to get more impressions of tt2, theres almost no reviews online, and suppose we shouldn't trust them review writers. Especially interested in the improvements from hugo 2.

I prob need to reread the thread, but having an mscaler, am i loosing out on the taps within tt2 ? Should i worry about it ! Still feels wasteful to have stuff in there that is automatically bypassed.
Timbre of instruments is in a different league from Hugo 2,guitars sound amazing,I'm so glad I went Hugo TT 2 than m scaler first. Sound stage massive compared to Hugo 2 and the meaty sound is phenomenal.Bass literally blows the cob webs off my ceiling.This is probably the worse review ever but I'm not going off topic so I'm quite impressed!More detail and definition, I've heard first Hugo TT is smoother than original hugo but the hugo TT 2 is proper in your face.The sound from the headphone amp is the best I've heard, crystal clear but so powerful, it destroys the trilogy 933 that I owned.Don't forget I'm using my hugo TT 2 through my Arcam Avr 850,when I'm working I'm gonna bypass the Avr 850 and go direct out of the balanced outputs but it's money for the cables I can't afford at the moment but by just buying cables I'm gonna get another massive upgrade, what's not to love about this product, product of the year in my eyes!!OK the negatives, it's silver, on Roon when you press the purple dot it shows the hugo TT not the Hugo TT 2, I've downloaded the latest window driver which is chord 64 something I think but I'm only getting Wasapi, the remote is black not silver and last but not least it's put a massive dent in my wallet.The power supply is a figure of 8 so I've swapped the lead for my Nordost purple flare, the other side can't be changed but that's a plus I can use my Nordost purple flare

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #2,561 of 19,009
I've had my TT2 and M-SCALER for a week now, replacing a TT.

I have to say i'm delighted and the TV's hardly gone on all week as I rediscover my library.

There has been considerable discussion regarding BNC cables which led me to do some digging. Based on many very positive posts re their DC power cables, I've plumped for the Ghent Audio offering. See below.

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/e07.html

At $15 each (0.5m) shipped they are a complete bargain. They use high quality Belden 1694A 75 Ohm Coax Cable and Canare BNC Connectors. Very nicely put together.

They have been in for 24hrs and without doubt have provided a very worthwhile uplift in SQ over the supplied cables.

I hope that's helpful.

Paul

MPf8ecB.jpg

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2,562 of 19,009
I've had my TT2 and M-SCALER for a week now, replacing a TT.

I have to say i'm delighted and the TV's hardly gone on all week as I rediscover my library.

There has been considerable discussion regarding BNC cables which led me to do some digging. Based on many very positive posts re their DC power cables, I've plumped for the Ghent Audio offering. See below.

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/e07.html

At $15 each (0.5m) shipped they are a complete bargain. They use high quality Belden 1694A 75 Ohm Coax Cable and Canare BNC Connectors. Very nicely put together.

They have been in for 24hrs and without doubt have provided a very worthwhile uplift in SQ over the supplied cables.

I hope that's helpful.

Paul

MPf8ecB.jpg
Welcome BTW,newbie to head fi but you know what you want as I do regardless whether this site exists or not, congratulations on your hugo TT 2 and M scaler.

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #2,563 of 19,009

Timbre of instruments is in a different league from Hugo 2,guitars sound amazing,I'm so glad I went Hugo TT 2 than m scaler first. Sound stage massive compared to Hugo 2 and the meaty sound is phenomenal.Bass literally blows the cob webs off my ceiling.This is probably the worse review ever but I'm not going off topic so I'm quite impressed!More detail and definition, I've heard first Hugo TT is smoother than original hugo but the hugo TT 2 is proper in your face.The sound from the headphone amp is the best I've heard, crystal clear but so powerful, it destroys the trilogy 933 that I owned.Don't forget I'm using my hugo TT 2 through my Arcam Avr 850,when I'm working I'm gonna bypass the Avr 850 and go direct out of the balanced outputs but it's money for the cables I can't afford at the moment but by just buying cables I'm gonna get another massive upgrade, what's not to love about this product, product of the year in my eyes!!OK the negatives, it's silver, on Roon when you press the purple dot it shows the hugo TT not the Hugo TT 2, I've downloaded the latest window driver which is chord 64 something I think but I'm only getting Wasapi, the remote is black not silver and last but not least it's put a massive dent in my wallet.The power supply is a figure of 8 so I've swapped the lead for my Nordost purple flare, the other side can't be changed but that's a plus I can use my Nordost purple flare
Thanks paul

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #2,564 of 19,009
Please do not make out we were belittling or doing down. One is allowed humour (even here - although I admit sometimes it does backfire).
I think that was the wittiest reply I've had in ages, brilliant.I've never thought I was the most intelligent in here but I'm by far the best looking!

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,565 of 19,009

Thanks for the recommendation. For the sake of $30US, low cost option, that I'm happy to take a risk on, to see what difference they make in the sound. (Without trying to inflame an over-debated debate, there's other posts and places if you want to do that, I've personally never been a big believer of (extortionately priced) cables making a big differences. I'm of the opinion that as long as it's reasonable build quality and parts, should be pretty much equal.....so if there's no difference, I'm coming to you Paul for my credit :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back