Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 17, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #17,176 of 19,009
I added the DDC(Matrix Spdif2) + wireworld supernova 7(toslink) to the chain.

It was certainly not lacking behind the USB performance. It was not a WOW! experience either. They were close. Slightly more refined lowend on the spdif2, was my initial impression.

About 3 hours of burnin, I expect to judge it more after 100hours or so.

Oct 19, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #17,177 of 19,009
Hello i have wave stream they are excelllent. Immediate added refinement to the music. I want to try the coax out from the douk ddc into the mscaler. Can someone confirm if this 75 ohm cable on amazon is the right one. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MainCore-Connectors-Phono-Cable-Available-Yellow/dp/B075MG3ZQY/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=bnc+to+rca+cable&qid=1665687353&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIyLjYzIiwicXNhIjoiMi40MCIsInFzcCI6IjIuMDYifQ==&sr=8-2-spons&th=1

As a sidenote ive ordered a 20cm optical cable to try the douk ddc again.

doesnt a roughly 20cm cable come with the tt2 ? As I seem ( not really sure ) to remember one of chords products that I own came with roughly that size of opt cable.

speaking about cables, I gots me sums lindy usb a-b chromo range cables, they are very noice indeed.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #17,178 of 19,009
I'm done with this hobby as running a mini-dCS (similar high performance clocks as dCS) CIEM stack is all I ever need (end game+) minus future upgrades.

I posted my opinion on how I would architect a PC/TT2/HMS setup if I ever evolve further down the rabbit hole:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/set...dows-11-pref-via-optical.965362/post-17202243

The tail end of my CIEM stack is posted here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/show-off-your-iems-buds-and-accessories.945980/post-17202338

GL, going back on hiatus until the next big Chord DAC iteration. Someone had an RCA OUT vs. 3.5mm question, so I thought I weigh but I'm done. Officially OUT.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #17,179 of 19,009
Bye ……………

Oct 20, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #17,181 of 19,009
I'm done with this hobby as running a mini-dCS (similar high performance clocks as dCS) CIEM stack is all I ever need (end game+) minus future upgrades.

I posted my opinion on how I would architect a PC/TT2/HMS setup if I ever evolve further down the rabbit hole:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/set...dows-11-pref-via-optical.965362/post-17202243

The tail end of my CIEM stack is posted here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/show-off-your-iems-buds-and-accessories.945980/post-17202338

GL, going back on hiatus until the next big Chord DAC iteration. Someone had an RCA OUT vs. 3.5mm question, so I thought I weigh but I'm done. Officially OUT.
What optical usb can you recommend that is not longer than 2 meters. All I see is 10meters and up. The one you are recommending on the thread is an extension. So are you using an usb A to B adapter at the end?

Oct 23, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #17,182 of 19,009
You definitly need a reaally good USB conditioner of some kind. TT2 sounds alot better on my JCAT than just the USB cable alone. Asides that it still has horrible USB driver. I recommend the Windows driver instead of the chord.

In my case, with the Chord driver installed or not, I see the same thing in Device Manager (of course, uninstall, restart, let Windows choose driver a.s.o):

1666521644032.png

So I expect the difference you mention is caused by listening to ASIO (from Chord driver) or native WASAPI exclusive mode wich can be found in Windows.

1666521798783.png

If I'm wrong let me know. For me these 2 do not make audible difference.

PS. Yes, I have externally powered JCAT USB XE.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #17,183 of 19,009
In my case, with the Chord driver installed or not, I see the same thing in Device Manager (of course, uninstall, restart, let Windows choose driver a.s.o):

So I expect the difference you mention is caused by listening to ASIO (from Chord driver) or native WASAPI exclusive mode wich can be found in Windows.

If I'm wrong let me know. For me these 2 do not make audible difference.

PS. Yes, I have externally powered JCAT USB XE.
Your driver says headphones. How come?

My windows say HugoTT2

The Chord driver says Digital(Chord Async…..) and not headphones on mine.

You have to uninstall and delete the files. Uninstall is not enough.

Also uninstall all the asio. I can hear difference in gaming. On spotify there is not so much difference, but I still prefere the windows. Its more stable.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #17,184 of 19,009
I have renamed the audio output in Windows after reinstalling it.
I will also delete manually some files if needed. But what driver do you see in the Device Manager on Properties?

Oct 23, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #17,185 of 19,009
I have renamed the audio output in Windows after reinstalling it.

I will also delete manually some files if needed. But what driver do you see in the Device Manager on Properties?
When I uninstall it completely it just has the standard sound icon/symbol and says HugoTT2

When uninstall the files. You have to tick one box just right after uninstall.

Right now I am using Matrix spdif(toslink->TT2)instead😊
-Sounds better as its burnin in.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #17,186 of 19,009
When I uninstall it completely it just has the standard sound icon/symbol and says HugoTT2
Ok, I have made again the process from scratch to show you that Microsoft is installing the same driver:

1666525788348.png

I have uninstalled, removed drivers, now I see "Mscaler" as you saw "HugoTT2" (in my case M Scaler is plugged into JCAT USB XE card)
Then let windows install the drivers, and looked at the properties.

And yep, we have the "exclusive" option for M Scaler as before:

1666525899980.png

The ASIO variants are missing for Chord (do not be mislead by ASIO entry you see, I have here 2 DACs). Soundwise, the same.

Is System -> Sound:

1666525999766.png

Ok, that's my point of view: same quality. It is true that hearing the same level of quality I might ignore the Chord drivers. But I guess I'll loose some DSD playback without that ASIO option. Not quite needing it.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #17,187 of 19,009
In gaming its a clear difference but not on the audio players.

In Rocket League it sound like a veil to the music. It is soo obvious I could hear it without A/B.

Oct 23, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #17,188 of 19,009

My windows say HugoTT2

The Chord driver says Digital(Chord Async…..) and not headphones on mine.

Also uninstall all the asio. I can hear difference in gaming. On spotify there is not so much difference, but I still prefere the windows. Its more stable.
You’re using a $5K usd DAC/Amp with Spotify?

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #17,189 of 19,009
You’re using a $5K usd DAC/Amp with Spotify?
Nah I rip CD and LP. I have Spotify yes. Spotify sounds better on TT2 than it does on RME and Diablo. Its an amazing difference. I just used spotify as an example, but yeah I use spotify in the car.

I like the cheap sounding mp3, and the speakers in my car, which sounds like sand next to planar. Everything should not sound at is prime always. Life would get boring easily

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #17,190 of 19,009
Nothing is wrong with Spotify. One of the best search engine out there. I like to find new artist/songwriter in Spotify, and later buy the album on hdtracks for more serious listening session. (ex: Maisie Peters, Clara Mae, Olivia Rodrigo, and Gracie Abrams)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back