Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 24, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,442 of 18,518
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,445 of 18,518
You can see why, even for short flights, why I have to have the M scaler now... And it is that ability to connect to the musical performance that is almost spooky - particularly with older pre 1968 recordings. And the other aspect that I still find exciting is the raw power of individual instruments; sometimes, even now, the sense of tangibility catches one by surprise.

I would like to shake you by the hand. You rock.

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #1,448 of 18,518
7 new pictures of hugo 2 and the mscaler just posted on the hugo 2 thread. cheers mk

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #1,450 of 18,518
Update from the USA distributor:

Based on our information at this time, we estimate M Scaler may be available late-October and Hugo TT2 roughly 30 days later so mid-to-late-November. All products are available in black or silver finish. There will be a special authorization for dealers on these products and the products will be sold only through specially authorized dealers. We expect to begin authorizing dealers first week of October. We are not accepting any pre-orders at this time.
https://www.bluebirdmusic.com/news/hugo-tt-2-etude-and-m-scaler-announced-by-chord.html

Sep 24, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #1,451 of 18,518
I hope they don't make this 'unobtainium'. The part about it only being sold through 'special' authorized dealers gives me pause. Is the USA distributor going to make it really difficult to make a purchase?

@OK-Guy @Mojo ideas ?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,452 of 18,518
Sep 24, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #1,453 of 18,518
I hope they don't make this 'unobtainium'. The part about it only being sold through 'special' authorized dealers gives me pause. Is the USA distributor going to make it really difficult to make a purchase?

@OK-Guy @Mojo ideas ?
Will be interesting to hear!

DAVE was definitely that way for me. No dealer in New England could sell me one. I was quite upset at the policy, which- let’s not kid anyone- amounts to distributor imposing minimum inventory requirements to carry signature products under the guise of ensuring the dealer has demo model, etc.

But it all worked out for ok in the end as I eventually found a great guy and picked up both DAVE and Blu2, but if not for that turn of luck, I would’ve given up the chord search after a few more weeks. Many dealers were also too cute with not giving me a price over the phone. If I need to invest more than 5 minutes of small talk when I have already decided to buy, well, I hang up.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #1,454 of 18,518

@OK-Guy @Mojo ideas ?

I strongly suspect this is a Bluebird problem, not a Chord problem. The cynical part of me thinks the “special” means willing to hold the line on the high pricing with no discount.

Time to organize group trips to London CanJam to do some shopping!

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #1,455 of 18,518
Will be interesting to hear!

DAVE was definitely that way for me. No dealer in New England could sell me one. I was quite upset at the policy, which- let’s not kid anyone- amounts to distributor imposing minimum inventory requirements to carry signature products under the guise of ensuring the dealer has demo model, etc.

But it all worked out for ok in the end as I eventually found a great guy and picked up both DAVE and Blu2, but if not for that turn of luck, I would’ve given up the chord search after a few more weeks. Many dealers were also too cute with not giving me a price over the phone. If I need to invest more than 5 minutes of small talk when I have already decided to buy, well, I hang up.
I strongly suspect this is a Bluebird problem, not a Chord problem. The cynical part of me thinks the “special” means willing to hold the line on the high pricing with no discount.

Time to organize group trips to London CanJam to do some shopping!

Yeah, I still think the Chord distribution in the USA is really bad and needs a serious re-working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back