Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,007 of 18,435
I can't tell the difference between playing a red book cd on my BLU MK2 and a wav rip on my Zenith SE MK11 (going through the M-scaler), both feeding into a DAVE.[/QUOTE

I could not tell the difference either in my setup, but I think it entirely depends on what server setup you have compared to what CD set up you have. If you compare a ~£8K BluMkii - DAVE to a standard desktop PC connected via a cheap generic USB cable into a DAVE you are hardly comparing like for like. I would be incredibly disappointed if the Blu did not sound massively better, the MScaler technology alone makes a huge difference IMHO, and did seem to close the gap in quality between various sources.

Aug 31, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #1,008 of 18,435
Yeah i listen to Luther Vandross too great stuff. Writing a formal typed statement addressed to your management might help. The pen is mightier than the sword is the saying.

What kind of machinery do you operate btw?
We make the Persil capsules very technical, even Rob watts would struggle lol, it's all fast automated lines

Aug 31, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,010 of 18,435
I'm sure ppl in here are gonna laugh at me but I'm thinking of getting the Sony 1000xm3 noise cancelling headphones, I'm just thinking for the gym.I sold my audio technica Bluetooth headphones, can't remember the model but they were 500 quid new and was to scared to take them out never mind train with them on.Also clean my house with my yellow duster and her underwear on while listening to music

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,013 of 18,435
Is it a plane is it a UFO. .? No it's Sid the bat
IMG_20180831_203234.jpg

Aug 31, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #1,015 of 18,435
On a serious note about bats and one which should not be taken lightly the sonic attributes concerning their sound processing was recently discussed on watts up thread........:slight_smile:

For Triode User is there any advantage//disadvantage in using the 3.5mm adaptor photographed vs a good quality short twin rca to 3.5mm cable?

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #1,016 of 18,435
On a serious note about bats and one which should not be taken lightly the sonic attributes concerning their sound processing was recently discussed on watts up thread........:slight_smile:

For Triode User is there any advantage//disadvantage in using the 3.5mm adaptor photographed vs a good quality short twin rca to 3.5mm cable?

Regarding the cable, the simple answer is I don’t know as there is only one person who gets to play with the MScaler at the moment, ie Rob Watts. It may however be that shorter is not better but that would be down to listening. As far as seeing if your suggested cable transmits the dual digital signal ok you are welcome to try it with my Blu2 and your H2. Then you would know that the cable works.

Sep 1, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #1,017 of 18,435
Right now i'm happy with all being ok and h2 working in intell desktop mode and everything nicely set up. If possible in the near future i definitely know a visit is an option i may consider and well enjoy. Many thanks again mk.

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #1,019 of 18,435

Going back to this cd vs streaming/rip file quality, when I first contemplated getting a streamer, the concept was sold to me on the pretext that a ripped file should sound better than the same track on a cd because of the improved error correction when ripping. Back then all of my kit was Cyrus and I did find this to be the case, so I added a Cyrus streamer to my system.
Since upgrading to Innuos, Chord, Bryston, Kef, I no longer find this to be the case and now can't tell the difference. Theoretically, according to what the hifi dealers will tell you, the rip should have the edge in quality.

Sep 1, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #1,020 of 18,435
But the information is identical even when flac is compressed it is only temporary and not permanent...

Have you ever wondered why recording studios always use uncompressed files such as wav or AiFF?

This video attempts to explain it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back