Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #8,806 of 18,448
no illusion. 2.5 years of research and design uninterrupted by anything else. dave is thee state of the art dac.
Give over, go to the Dave thread with such consumeristic never ending spew.

Oct 22, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #8,807 of 18,448
I don’t think so, the mountain is a marketing illusion, only those who starve themselves of oxygen feel the nirvana.

I suspect you are just trying to wind up mk but the reality is that the Dave transparency is in a different ball park to TT2 (and that is why I prefer solo Dave to TT2 + MScaler).

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #8,808 of 18,448
I suspect you are just trying to wind up mk but the reality is that the Dave transparency is in a different ball park to TT2 (and that is why I prefer solo Dave to TT2 + MScaler).
That’s fine, that’s your opinion which you are entitled too. Many other people have slightly different opinions and that’s good.
I grumpily think, that the audiophile industry and its marketing are creating ever more expensive needs in vulnerable people (lol). I just want to live in a thread, where people do not try to create these wants, where people are satisfied with their current level of transparency.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #8,809 of 18,448
i'm more than satisfied with my mTT2 and enjoy it immensely everyday. that doesn't change the fact that dave is state of the art.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #8,810 of 18,448
That’s fine, that’s your opinion which you are entitled too. Many other people have slightly different opinions and that’s good.
I grumpily think, that the audiophile industry and its marketing are creating ever more expensive needs in vulnerable people (lol). I just want to live in a thread, where people do not try to create these wants, where people are satisfied with their current level of transparency.

Well this is the MScaler thread after all and a large number of MScaler owners have Daves so the comparison is bound to crop up. Maybe the TT2 thread is a safer place? :wink:

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #8,811 of 18,448
Well this is the MScaler thread after all and a large number of MScaler owners have Daves so the comparison is bound to crop up. Maybe the TT2 thread is a safer place? :wink:
I did start my uprising thinking it was the tt2 thread lol.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #8,813 of 18,448
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #8,814 of 18,448
Hah, well that brought a smile to my face. :smile:
If you see it from my perspective, I’m getting email notifications from mk telling me to buy a Dave at 5am in the morning, after I’ve expressed my contentment with my current setup lol

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #8,815 of 18,448
turn email notifications off. you must be inundated with notifications everytime someone posts.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #8,816 of 18,448
turn email notifications off. you must be inundated with notifications everytime someone posts.
I’ve nothing better to do lol, no I only get an email when one of my awesome posts are quoted.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #8,817 of 18,448
I suspect MK is on commission.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #8,818 of 18,448
I'd try the solutions mentioned in the thread Ferrites / Wave Cable / Opto Dx.

In the interim, I would switch to toslink if you can - especially with Hugo 2. That made a big difference for me. Also make sure it's not near any routers or anything like that. I thought that was crazy as it had never affected my dave being 4-5 feet away. I turned it off and it got significantly better.

You mean use toslink between the HMS and the Hugo2? Or toslink from my source out to the HMS? Or both...
Sorry to be a newbie on this topic, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you. :)

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #8,819 of 18,448
You mean use toslink between the HMS and the Hugo2? Or toslink from my source out to the HMS? Or both...
Sorry to be a newbie on this topic, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you. :)

I think he meant to initially try as a start toslink between your source out and your HMS.

Oct 22, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #8,820 of 18,448
A few questions on the Opto DX:
  • Does it come with power supplies to power the two boxes?
  • What's the diameter for the plugs for the DC inputs? Is it 2.5mm?
  • Are the optical connections that connect to the two boxes proprietary (I assume they are)?
  • For those that ordered one, what was the turn-around time like?

Best get in touch with Dan (@dmance). He is a great guy, honest and responsive. To be clear, Opto DX is a game changer, imo.

Regarding the best power supplies for the M-Scaler and OptoDX T, this is clearly a battery (in my case a PowerAdd PP2 with a split DC cable for powering both with 12V). I could hardly believe it, but that's what it is. On the Opto DX receiver side, a good LPS does the best job (Paul Hynes SR4).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back