Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 10, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #7,411 of 18,518
We had very very heavy rain for over a week mixed with high temps recently in my neck of the woods. I just won't take chances with my audio gear. I don't track it under normal conditions.:cloud_rain:When the forecast is clear i open my windows.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #7,412 of 18,518
We had very very heavy rain for over a week mixed with high temps recently in my neck of the woods. I just won't take chances with my audio gear. I don't track it under normal conditions.:cloud_rain:When the forecast is clear i open my windows.

If this isnt a joke and you are paranoid about rain coming in through the window, blowing across the room and then damaging Mscaler and TT2 then why not just use a quiet desk fan pointing at them both?

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #7,413 of 18,518
Mscaler and hugo2 i haven't graduated to TT2 status yet..lol

In fact i'm auditioning TT2/mscaler this Friday with my PM1's and will be comparing to H2/HMS at the showroom.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #7,414 of 18,518
Mscaler and hugo2 i haven't graduated to TT2 status yet..lol

In fact i'm auditioning TT2/mscaler this Friday with my PM1's and will be comparing to H2/HMS at the showroom.

You should probably leave your wallet at home.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #7,415 of 18,518
DDE381AC-A0D1-4D27-9191-1EEF8C7F2982.png

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #7,416 of 18,518
Innous Mk3

Failed to be delivered but after a call to the dealer with my conclusion below it was decided an Innuos statement is demoed instead.
The Antipodes pairing against the Innuos Statement is a comparison I would really like to see. I had the Statement on loan a couple of months ago and it was clearly better than my Zenith SE, which some still think is better than the Zenith Mk3.

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #7,417 of 18,518
The Antipodes pairing against the Innuos Statement is a comparison I would really like to see. I had the Statement on loan a couple of months ago and it was clearly better than my Zenith SE, which some still think is better than the Zenith Mk3.

Probably the two best servers out there. Bloomin' expensive though.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #7,419 of 18,518
Is that a mojopoly broken? Zappa what is it?

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #7,420 of 18,518

Hello STR-1, if I am not mistaken we bumped into each other at a show last year, please excuse me for being forward but I am your neck of the woods Saturday I could bring over the CX +EX for you to compare if you wish...?

Jul 12, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #7,421 of 18,518
I have not yet compared the CX or EX as standalone units I will do this as soon as I can.

Have you had time to compare the CX on it's own used as the server/renderer against the CX/EX combo with server as CX renderer as EX?

Thank you.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #7,422 of 18,518
Hello STR-1, if I am not mistaken we bumped into each other at a show last year, please excuse me for being forward but I am your neck of the woods Saturday I could bring over the CX +EX for you to compare if you wish...?
Thanks, Clive. That's a very kind offer but I no longer have the Statement, which I only had on loan for a week.

I will be going to CamJam again this year, which is where I think we bumped into each other. I’m expecting to go on the Saturday. Happy to meet up for chat if you are also there. PM me.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #7,423 of 18,518
Get these, M Scaler will have a bit more cooling with them

I have the TT2. I have been thinking about getting some rubber feet for under the TT2's feet. I think those silicone rubber one you have are a good idea. (The TT2 feet would sink into the silicone a bit and might provide yet more stability.) I was thinking about making some ground clearance, purely to increase air flow. It would allow more heat to dissipate from under the TT2 rather than be reflected back at the TT2. I don't have a heat issue with the TT2, but it does get quite warm/hot on the bottom sometimes. It only happens on very hot days though, or after really long times left powered on, over hot days.

I have an air-conditioner for hot days and that takes care of this. Once the room is cooled, the TT2 stays well comfy temperature wise and only just warm. However sometimes I just don't bother with the air-con and let the room get toasty. Thus I think having some better space under the TT2 would help. I would put something under the feet though, not the bodywork.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #7,424 of 18,518
Have you had time to compare the CX on it's own used as the server/renderer against the CX/EX combo with server as CX renderer as EX?

Thank you.
Hello Naynay, Thank you for the reminder... I have now tried the CX by it's self...

First of all. I do not do small changes there is no point, I do not play the same track over and over again to try and spot the difference there is either a change or there is not, my life and time are too short especially when spending extra money on HiFi equipment... but when I do change I want an improvement ( or perceived YMMV ) if it costs more than I want to spend, I think, I wait, then say life is too short. Do I save for the pension ( I may die before ) or spend the money now it's a balance as always...and that depends on the person....?

It was a simple operation to set up just add the software to the CX with a few clicks, switch off change the cables and reboot.

I played about 6 tracks with the CX and then switched back to the CX EX combo played three tracks as there was no need to go any further with the comparison.

So far I have had excellent support from Antipodes ( the supplied ethernet cable is something special ).

Yes there is a large difference... I would say.

Sound stage larger, placement of instruments with pin point precision, better base, lower noise floor, the CX by it's self sounds thin compared to the CX EX combo, vocals more natural and focused, less harsh than the stand alone CX but still with all or more detail. The amazing thing is that I can play at very low sound levels to get all the detail and feeling of the music, I could go on and on.

.....And that is not to say the CX by it's self is not good....!

I do hope you try the combo, let us all know how you get on

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #7,425 of 18,518
Hello Naynay, Thank you for the reminder... I have now tried the CX by it's self...

First of all. I do not do small changes there is no point, I do not play the same track over and over again to try and spot the difference there is either a change or there is not, my life and time are too short especially when spending extra money on HiFi equipment... but when I do change I want an improvement ( or perceived YMMV ) if it costs more than I want to spend, I think, I wait, then say life is too short. Do I save for the pension ( I may die before ) or spend the money now it's a balance as always...and that depends on the person....?

It was a simple operation to set up just add the software to the CX with a few clicks, switch off change the cables and reboot.

I played about 6 tracks with the CX and then switched back to the CX EX combo played three tracks as there was no need to go any further with the comparison.

So far I have had excellent support from Antipodes ( the supplied ethernet cable is something special ).

Yes there is a large difference... I would say.

Sound stage larger, placement of instruments with pin point precision, better base, lower noise floor, the CX by it's self sounds thin compared to the CX EX combo, vocals more natural and focused, less harsh than the stand alone CX but still with all or more detail. The amazing thing is that I can play at very low sound levels to get all the detail and feeling of the music, I could go on and on.

.....And that is not to say the CX by it's self is not good....!

I do hope you try the combo, let us all know how you get on

Thank you Clive for your findings it goes along with what other reviews have said.

CX through MDave to me is bliss with zero fatigue lost for hours in the music.

The combo must be something special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back