Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 14, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #7,156 of 18,518
Not everybody starts from Duke Ellington, Jon faddis or Arturo Sandoval or other jazz stalwarts. Those kind of improvisation you tend to like only after developing some interest. Like many I also started with some mushy pop/rock of the likes of Bryan Adams, Richard Marx and Kenny g and gradually moved to some serious jazz. Music which is easier to follow is liked by most, there is nothing wrong in it.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #7,157 of 18,518
I have 187 jazz artists in my tidal/roon library. Only 14 fall into the modern smooth jazz sub category. The very vast majority fall into the 50's to 70's great jazz masters//fusion category, bop, hard bop, post-bop, modal etc. end.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #7,158 of 18,518
I enjoy some Kenny G late at night for switching off but for serious jazz then the great masters of the 50's and 60's rule for sure. If Kenny G is no good who next? Barry Manilow, boy bands, Jpop stars the list is endless. Musical taste is purely subjective everyone should respect everyone. (I also played classical violin for 10 years some of which in the junior CBSO). If the audiophile community is not careful it will continue to be viewed by a proportion of the population as an elitist group of guys who believe that they are an authority on musical tastes for the very same reason why i was dissed for liking Kenny G alongside the other 75 million losers who listen to him on occasion too. Sometimes people just want to switch off and not be concerned with the technicalities of pure improvisation depending on mood so who am i to judge?

Driver, step away from the keyboard!

Nobody was dissing you for liking/disliking Mr Kenneth Gee, I don't even know who he is, I saw posts about him and my google fu found a forehead with a curly mop at the end of it, one with 75 million broken hearts.

I did not diss you or anyone for liking Kenneth Gee, I do not care what one listens to, personally I like listening to cats fight, as it reminds me of that horrible noise that Kenneth Gee makes :)

Don't care what folk think about whatever music you like MK. Truth be told I like everything from classical to hardcore nut grabbing rap and hip hop.

You like Kenneth Gee, cool, I'm not gunna argue with you over your musical tastes, personally, I don't think I've ever heard any of Mr Kenneths work, just a minute, was he the dude in the gorilla suit playing the drums in that cadbury's chocolate advert a few years ago ?

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #7,160 of 18,518
I just had to see what all this Kenny G stuff was about so I have listened to some tracks . . . . another ten minutes of my life I will never see again. I admit it was not through Mscaler and just through Dave. Does that make all the difference? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #7,162 of 18,518
Feeling festive my fellow head'fiers? Time to warm those socks? Does this satisfy the sophistication quotient?:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #7,163 of 18,518
I just had to see what all this Kenny G stuff was about so I have listened to some tracks . . . . another ten minutes of my life I will never see again. I admit it was not through Mscaler and just through Dave. Does that make all the difference? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Rob does deserve a knighthood for designing the mscaler that can convert Kenny G from as bought RBCD, to the level of musical nirvana that @musickid experiences.

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #7,164 of 18,518
Especially at christmas!!

Mind you i did once play first violin in the junior CBSO........I quote:

"The CBSO Youth Orchestra is the leading youth orchestra in the Midlands, and one of the most ambitious and dynamic ensembles of its type anywhere in the world".

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #7,165 of 18,518
Feeling festive my fellow head'fiers? Time to warm those socks? Does this satisfy the sophistication quotient?:smile_phones:

He really does have a huge forehead. That was the first time I have heard any of his music, and I have to agree, a guitar wrapped around his head would be more fun to watch

Just looking at him, I can tell he is a ponce, not to be confused with nonce.

:) :wink:

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #7,166 of 18,518
I'm surprised the forum police haven't intervened here as of yet.

upload_2019-6-14_13-14-59.jpeg

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #7,167 of 18,518
I'm surprised the forum police haven't intervened here as of yet.

I have to show up first. Expect thread obliteration now

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #7,169 of 18,518
I have 187 jazz artists in my tidal/roon library. Only 14 fall into the modern smooth jazz sub category. The very vast majority fall into the 50's to 70's great jazz masters//fusion category, bop, hard bop, post-bop, modal etc. end.
You have no need to explain yourself for your taste. Not sure what that Kenny G link stated, as I was warned off by my malware program. But, if you find his music likeable, own it.

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #7,170 of 18,518
Carlos Santana back in 2019. Back to the real stuff.

"Africa Speaks is the surprise of 2019"

upload_2019-6-14_14-37-10.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back