Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 31, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #6,931 of 18,341
Wow you are far up in the highlands and fishing/boating communities.

May 31, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #6,932 of 18,341
Wow you are far up in the highlands and fishing/boating communities.

Technically no, but alot can happen in 60 miles, take england for example, drive 60 miles north of the english border and you will find yourself another 60 miles further away from Leeds and Bradford.

Which has got to be a good thing, no ?

I love my MScaler! < = On Topic :)

May 31, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #6,933 of 18,341
I lived in Glasgow for a year in the mid nineties. I remember the nightlife most, Archaos the art school, the arches, Sauchiehall Street, cocktail bars the west end, the small underground trains. I took Glasgow apart bit by bit lol. I listened to alot of music then albeit not chord reproduced so kind of on topic.

May 31, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #6,934 of 18,341
I lived in Glasgow for a year in the mid nineties. I remember the nightlife most, Archaos the art school, the arches, Sauchiehall Street, cocktail bars the west end, the small underground trains. I took Glasgow apart bit by bit lol. I listened to alot of music then albeit not chord reproduced so kind of on topic.

The only time I'm ever in Glasgow is when I'm needing a plane, disgusting in this day and age that I've got to fly or drive down to glasgow to go further than amsterdam for a holiday, mind you, amsterdam is usually my destination and my airport has me covered, and that spares me the nightmare of listening to a glaswegian accent, even robs mscaler can't make them sound any better :frowning2:

I would also like to take glasgow apart bit by bit, with a couple of nukes, I would even settle for calling in some jdam strikes.

I wonder if a 2000 pounder jdam can go down the full 20 floors of a sky scraper lift shaft before blowing up ?

"see u jimmeh"

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #6,935 of 18,341
I know Amsterdam quite well too. I always get sick of those super slick looking backpackers hanging around central station pretending to be on a European tour and having just lost their passports and wallets and so desperately need just 10 euros to make that ever so important life saving phonecall to mummy and daddy back home. Reggae coffeeshop was my hangout canal barges my sleeping quarters. Meditating in buddha bar was cool too. lol

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #6,936 of 18,341
I know Amsterdam quite well too. I always get sick of those super slick looking backpackers hanging around central station pretending to be on a European tour and having just lost their passports and wallets and so desperately need just 10 euros to make that ever so important life saving phonecall to mummy and daddy back home. Reggae coffeeshop was my hangout canal barges my sleeping quarters. Meditating in buddha bar was cool too. lol

Dam is fun, boring after a while but fun. I'm not into the seedier aspects of dam, no no, but I do like my cookies.

Yeah, you can get hounded by "tourists" that have no money left, but the same happens in my city, beggars everywhere, they get dropped off in the city centre in the morning and get picked up at 6pm and go "home", begging whilst having a house and being driven about to their "job".

Planning on going later this year but it all depends on a critical decision. Will have to watch this space.

May 31, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #6,937 of 18,341
That "phase" is over for me now...lol

My choice this summer.....1) dave for £3200 with trade in h2/hms....add new mscaler in 12 months and new cans. Use current pm1 headphone with dave. Audio budget finished for 2019.

or....2) TT2 with my mscaler and new sony mdr z1r headphones this summer?

What does everyone think?

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6,938 of 18,341

My choice this summer.....1) dave for £3200 with trade in h2/hms....add new mscaler in 12 months and new cans. Use current pm1 headphone with dave. Audio budget finished for 2019.

Dude, woah, forget about dave, get a TT2, its cheaper and the general consensus is that TT2 + HMS > Dave.

TT2 and HMS is where it's at, I wouldn't swap mine for a brand new dave, not a chance. I have had some cracking listening sessions, and to be honest it's only now that I'm appreciating what my new setup is really doing to my music, the best that I can describe it is, it's like taking a tin opener to a tin of beans, it's opened things right up, when everything was once congested.

I now see myself focusing on sounds at the edges of the stage that just couldnt be heard before, because the noise/music in the centre stage was drowning out the wings.

Keep your mscaler, as you will only buy it again when you get a desktop dac.

Trust me, save your pennies and when you have enough to buy tt2 outright or trade in for h2, you will realise that you made the best decision by keeping your mscaler.

I could be content with my setup for atleast 10 years easy, its that good.

May 31, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #6,939 of 18,341

Save the money, pretend they don’t exist.

May 31, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #6,940 of 18,341
Many thanks Amber that does make sense. I suppose i'm thinking a long term project dave now and mscaler next year. But yes it seems tt2 mscaled beats dave. Buying a 2nd mscaler next year when i have one now is illogical too.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #6,942 of 18,341
If only, the saved up cash would be good though. :)
Go take 3k out of the bank in £20 notes, just look at it. It’s a huge amount of notes and currency. Double it for what you already paid for stuff. Seems like we are paying too much !

May 31, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #6,943 of 18,341
Many thanks Amber that does make sense. I suppose i'm thinking a long term project dave now and mscaler next year. But yes it seems tt2 mscaled beats dave. Buying a 2nd mscaler next year when i have one now is illogical too.

Long term, I'd still say TT2+HMS, keep it for a few years and then pick up a cheaper second hand dave.

Now that I have sat and listened and thought it through, I would never buy a new dave now, it doesn't make sense to me.

Keep your hms, trade in h2 for tt2 and you wont regret the decision to keep it.

May 31, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #6,944 of 18,341
Long term, I'd still say TT2+HMS, keep it for a few years and then pick up a cheaper second hand dave.

Now that I have sat and listened and thought it through, I would never buy a new dave now, it doesn't make sense to me.

Keep your hms, trade in h2 for tt2 and you wont regret the decision to keep it.
It would be cool to trade tt2 / hms for a Dave for a few weeks, just to see.
I think long term loaner stuff should be a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back