Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Feb 1, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #5,416 of 18,444

Up an running :)

I think I have my weekend cut out for me. Hold all calls.
I noticed my metal cupboard in work made poly sound a bit funny - as in causing interference - might be worth moving the gear onto a wooden surface .

Feb 1, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #5,417 of 18,444
I noticed my metal cupboard in work made poly sound a bit funny - as in causing interference - might be worth moving the gear onto a wooden surface .

I have it sitting on some elevated third-party vibration dampening rubber feet. I also had the Hugo TT on this same surface in the past and never had any issues. Also, the surface is aluminum and the Chord units themselves are also aluminum chassis so I doubt there are issues there.

But yeah, maybe I'll get a wooden cutting board to put under there.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #5,419 of 18,444
does anyone know what the mute button on the remote does? i tried pressing it with and without music playing and nothing happens.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #5,421 of 18,444
Hour 2 with my new MScaler. 16/44.1 has NEVER sounded so good. I'm in total awe!

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #5,422 of 18,444
Thanks Rob good to know everything is working well. On freezing nights like these nothing beats a hugo 2 with an mscaler and a roon subscription!!

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #5,424 of 18,444
The manual seems to contradict itself by saying hms is best used with no devices on top then says it was designed to be stacked....? unless i misunderstand.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #5,425 of 18,444
The manual seems to contradict itself by saying hms is best used with no devices on top then says it was designed to be stacked....? unless i misunderstand.

It states:

"
Whilst the Hugo M Scaler operates normally within a stack of Chord Electronics Table Top (TT) components, such as the Hugo TT 2,
it is recommended that you allow the device to breathe. Allocating 10cm of space around it to convection-cool during operation is advised. If possible, do not place the unit(s) inside a cabinet.

"

Meaning, you can stack them but leave at least 10cm of space around the sides (and front and back).

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #5,426 of 18,444
On page 25 it states under the section dealing with the remote control:

"For best operation, do not operate the Hugo M Scaler within a cabinet or place other materials/devices on top of the device".

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #5,427 of 18,444
On page 25 it states under the section dealing with the remote control:

"For best operation, do not operate the Hugo M Scaler within a cabinet or place other materials/devices on top of the device".

Right. Other materials or devices means something else not part of the Chord stack.

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #5,428 of 18,444
Gottya that makes sense now. I couldn't figure that till now. thanks mk. out of interest do you think playing the two units separately is better if you have the space. so no worries about overheating affecting stacked units?

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #5,429 of 18,444
What’s the best way to turn off the Mscaler? The manual says if you just pull the power plug it could damage the unit but there does not appear to be any on off switch. I imagine it’s meant to be mostly left on all the time but I’m still wanting the best off procedure.

Feb 2, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #5,430 of 18,444
What’s the best way to turn off the Mscaler? The manual says if you just pull the power plug it could damage the unit but there does not appear to be any on off switch. I imagine it’s meant to be mostly left on all the time but I’m still wanting the best off procedure.
The lack of power on/off is frustrating for me as well. I don't want to leave it on all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back