Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #5,026 of 18,491
Please Amberlamps stop purpritating such utter nonsense on the thread even if it’s just a joke. There are some who can’t tell the difference. So ofcourse there are no differences between black or silver units and both will upscale to multiples of what ever frequency is going in so 768 kHz is quite possible with both.

purpritating? I think there’s an ointment for that.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #5,027 of 18,491
Please Amberlamps stop purpritating such utter nonsense on the thread even if it’s just a joke. There are some who can’t tell the difference. So ofcourse there are no differences between black or silver units and both will upscale to multiples of what ever frequency is going in so 768 kHz is quite possible with both.

Seriously John, you worry faaaaar to much over nothing. Obviously there isn’t a difference hence why I said it 3 times in 3 different posts one after the other.

If there are any people who can’t tell the difference, they shouldn’t be allowed to have £3500 to buy one in the first place.

Since you’re here, can I ask when Poly will be finished ?

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #5,028 of 18,491
purpritating? I think there’s an ointment for that.

And Google and the OED says......

Purpritating Not found.

Maybe it’s in the Urban Dictionary ?

Edit,

Lol, google has actually found the word.

The one and only reference to a word that doesn’t yet exist.

4C35BD63-6356-4ED5-9A7D-1DA6BC32257E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #5,030 of 18,491
Edit, Lol, google has actually found the word.

The one and only reference to a word that doesn’t yet exist.

actually the word is in its embryonic stage of development, for a word to become acknowledged by the Oxford-Dictionary the 'construct' must be used frequently. It is obvious to me that you are a prescriptivist who doesn't believe the word exist, I'm more a descriptivist and to me 'you' have demonstrated what the word 'purpritating' means... now you're going to ask me the meaning of purpritating and I shall say 'click' on the link and the meaning will reveal itself, enjoy!

link: https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=.....0i71j0i67j0j0i131j0i10j0i131i67.gqV9TVBA7xc

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #5,031 of 18,491
actually the word is in its embryonic stage of development, for a word the become acknowledged by the Oxford-Dictionary the 'construct' must be used frequently. It is obvious to me that you are a prescriptivist who doesn't believe the word exist, I'm more a descriptivist and to me 'you' have demonstrated what the word 'purpitating' means... now you're going to ask me the meaning of purpitating and I shall say 'click' on the link and the meaning will reveal itself, enjoy!

link: https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=.....0i71j0i67j0j0i131j0i10j0i131i67.gqV9TVBA7xc
I think I just purpitated some rice I was eating onto my phone screen whilst reading.

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #5,032 of 18,491
actually the word is in its embryonic stage of development, for a word the become acknowledged by the Oxford-Dictionary the 'construct' must be used frequently. It is obvious to me that you are a prescriptivist who doesn't believe the word exist, I'm more a descriptivist and to me 'you' have demonstrated what the word 'purpitating' means... now you're going to ask me the meaning of purpitating and I shall say 'click' on the link and the meaning will reveal itself, enjoy!

Headfi gave birth to something new today. Lets savour the moment. As I’m eating one of them new Lion Bar breakfast bars and they are lovely.

I’m neither a prescriptivist or a descriptivist. I just use google dictionary and my ipads built in one. Initially when john posted it, I didn’t know what he meant although, Andrew Old did give me a hint, something to do with pruritus, which is hives or similar.

Your link is the same one in my picture above. But these lion bars are excellent, it’s chocolate covered rice with a milk chocolate and caramel base. Mmmm

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #5,034 of 18,491
I reckon that he meant purporting but I have googled it and there appears to be no special cream/ointment for that condition?

I think he was meaning perpetrating, as in someone who commits a crime or similar.

No biggie, as we both kissed and made up behind the scenes.

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #5,037 of 18,491
that's the whole point of the link, to inform you of the meaning... Purpitating [verb] meaning: to return to Head-Fi via Google.

Can we please get the spelling correct. The correct spelling is “purpritating”. Purpitating is something quite different, that gets you into particular trouble with the me too movement.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #5,038 of 18,491
Can we please get the spelling correct. The correct spelling is “purpritating”. Purpitating is something quite different, that gets you into particular trouble with the me too movement.

thanks for the proof-read, I have edited my post and made the necessary alterations... last thing I need is to offend the #metoo movement especially after the Plod arrested me the other day for looking up from my paper to gaze at a passing femme fatale.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #5,039 of 18,491
I have just installed a new digital transport - Allo DigiOne Signature - to play Tidal etc. to my M Scaler wirelessly from my mobile (via Bubble upnp app) and other devices. It is powered by a linear power supply and a battery one is comming soon. My first impressions are extremely positive. The DigiOne Signature appears to be a really good transport! Has anyone tried a DigiOne transport with his M Scaler? Any tips (software, settings...) for the best SQ possible?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back