Htc One
Jun 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #286 of 533
For fits & giggles tried my Fostex TH900 straight out of the HTC One today using poweramp, uncompressed FLAC files quality is very very good, very impressed - not sure if there is a mobile phone out there that can match the HTC One for quality & detail - sound is not that far off my IPod classic CLASS & ALO MKII portable headphone amp combo.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #287 of 533
Quote:
For fits & giggles tried my Fostex TH900 straight out of the HTC One today using poweramp, uncompressed FLAC files quality is very very good, very impressed - not sure if there is a mobile phone out there that can match the HTC One for quality & detail - sound is not that far off my IPod classic CLASS & ALO MKII portable headphone amp combo.

That's my feeling, as well... not matched, but not far off.  My iPod 5.5 w/ FiiO E11 sounds warmer, to my ears, and I am sort of used to that sound.  But the HTC One is detailed and almost clinical sounding; it depends on which phones I am using.  When I pair it with my Yamaha EPH-100, it's just right for a lot of my music.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #288 of 533
Quote:

I see that you have an iphone and ipad although not sure which gen. How would you compare them SQ wise? I have an iphone 5 and just bought an htc one and i'm hoping the one will outperform the iphone 5 in terms of sq?

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #289 of 533
NoGood, have to say that it will all depend on what 'phones you use...

What are you using at the moment?

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #290 of 533
For headphones(home usage), I use the Sennheiser HD 558 and for portable I use iphone 5(not really mine but my brother's) with the Rockit R50. If the sound is not on par or better than the iphone 5, I might just return it and get an iphone 4s or an iphone 5. I'm planning to buy a sony xba 30 to use with the one coz I heard these are very decent sounding iems.

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #292 of 533
I see that you have an iphone and ipad although not sure which gen. How would you compare them SQ wise? I have an iphone 5 and just bought an htc one and i'm hoping the one will outperform the iphone 5 in terms of sq?

I have the iPhone 3GS and IPad 4

I have not A/B sound tested with the iPad however the iPhone 3GS is not as clear sounding as the HTC One. The "one" has a larger perceived sound stage too. I don't use beats as it tends to over emphasise the bass frequencies - TH900 does not require additional bass!!!

Beats turned off the sound is closer to neutral, mids slightly recessed.

I'm currently trying the "one" out with my Ultrasone Ed 8 as I type - I will update my sound impressions and try and A/B the "one" with iPad 4 + TH900.

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #293 of 533
Quote:
I'm currently trying the "one" out with my Ultrasone Ed 8 as I type - I will update my sound impressions and try and A/B the "one" with iPad 4 + TH900.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions man, I'm currently running a similar setup too.

I'm thinking of investing a few hours into doing some A/B of stock player/Poweramp/Neutron and coming back to you guys with impressions. But I will need to equalize -properly- first. Any suggestions + links on how to equalize for your specific phones, as well as tips on how to do A/B testing on the phone are extremely welcome.

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #294 of 533
I'm interested in this smexy beast of a phone myself. Did xda developers manage to unlock the bootloader & get "bone-stock" Android up and running on this? I'm sorry if I haven't read through the thread, as I'm sure you guys must have heard this question before,...please forgive my ignorance. 
redface.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #295 of 533
Quote:
I'm interested in this smexy beast of a phone myself. Did xda developers manage to unlock the bootloader & get "bone-stock" Android up and running on this? I'm sorry if I haven't read through the thread, as I'm sure you guys must have heard this question before,...please forgive my ignorance. 
redface.gif

Cyanogenmod 10.1 runs great but still has issues with BT Audio and other smaller bugs. The best way to go right now is with 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in the flavor of Android Revolution. Its very clean and Sense 5.1 is very minimal. I am using the PureXAudio mod too and it really shines. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #296 of 533
Cyanogenmod 10.1 runs great but still has issues with BT Audio and other smaller bugs. The best way to go right now is with 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in the flavor of Android Revolution. Its very clean and Sense 5.1 is very minimal. I am using the PureXAudio mod too and it really shines. 

I'll be quite honest and say I totally hate blinkfeed, and I'll only buy an HTC One if I can remove it completely. My coworker has the HTC One, and it's the only thing I truly dislike about the phone. I really want vanilla Android. :)

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #297 of 533
Just put Blinkfeed off the default homescreen or use an alternate launcher or custom ROM? 

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #298 of 533
I want vanilla Android,...and that's the developer edition I believe - if there ever is one. I'll check & see,...

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #300 of 533
Quote:
I have the iPhone 3GS and IPad 4

I have not A/B sound tested with the iPad however the iPhone 3GS is not as clear sounding as the HTC One. The "one" has a larger perceived sound stage too. I don't use beats as it tends to over emphasise the bass frequencies - TH900 does not require additional bass!!!

Beats turned off the sound is closer to neutral, mids slightly recessed.

The iPhone 3GS supposedly has worst audio quality than the iphone  4/4s. So It doesn't really matter but the iPad 4 is mentioned to be one really good sounding accoridng to gsmarena....So a direct comparison between this and the htc one would be awesome, can't wait for your impressions :) Btw which one would you keep on listening to b/w the htc one and 3gs? Just curious coz some say the htc one is cold and fatiguing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back