HTC One X
Jan 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #76 of 84
A custom HTC One X interworks with a USB headset:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33820157&postcount=9

"It appears that my HTC One X running Android Revolution HD 13.0 (Jelly Bean) has the drivers and loaded modules for snd_usb_audio. And when I plug my USB DAC into it. It recognizes it and automatically directs sound to it. This is good.

I've dived into why it works on the HTC One X and not on my Xoom and come across a folder called /proc/asound

This folder is to do with the ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) and when I plug my USB DAC into my One X, it creates a folder called 'Headset' (since my USB DAC is a headset).

I've found folders named "snd_usb_audio" (or similar) in the following folder locations:
/sys/bus/usb/drivers/snd-usb-audio
/sys/module/snd_usb_audio"

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #77 of 84
I have a HTC Sensation XL, the One X probably carry the same chip and its sounds better than a few laptops I tried. However, don't expect too much considering audio quality. Beats EQ is not advisable for classical music.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #79 of 84
Quote:
It seems to me that it's not as clear sounding without beats EQ ticked.. or maybe it seems that way because it gets much louder?

Most likely you are correct, since increasingly volume is subjectively appreciated as better quality. Cheap trick they've pulled there to make people on a quick/casual Beats/no Beats comparison in store think the SQ is improved with Beats.

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #80 of 84
Quote:
Good news
smily_headphones1.gif
can anyone else confirm this? Also,what about HTC One X+?

It's pretty good but not as good as iPad 2, less dynamic range. There was another thread someone said it also falls short of dynamic range compared to S3 with Wolfson DAC, but low end is tighter. Some guys on XDA Developers were saying the sound was great while a few are complaining about hiss.

A bit disappointed some of the recent phones these days have lower dynamic ranges although THD and IMD usually isn't that bad. For a Tegra 3 Device, the HOX+ is quite exceptional actually since this sound distortion problem was also in other devices like the Nexus 7.

Comparing it to iPad 2, it has much tighter bass but not as much dynamic range, a little low on treble. However without Beats Audio volume is a tad low with my Panasonic RP-HTX7s. Sounds fine at max volume on Klipsch S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back