HTC One X
May 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

raytraceme

Head-Fier
Can anyone here who has the htc one x comment on its sound quality? After the disappointment that was the announcement of the s3 and its 4.8 in pentile crap I am planning to get the phone and want to get an idea of what to expect.

May 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 84
May 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 84
Well, judging by the gsmarena measurements of the Htc one X it's clearly inferior to most of the android phones let alone the one that use wolfson. Frankly, I don't see how you can call the S3's display crap - have you seen a 720p pentile display with this size - you can see the difference only if you watch it with a magnifying glass or a microscope. Even supercurio the developer of voodoo sound when asked about the one x replied (quote) "clearly no plan to work on one of the crappiest sound quality device on market" 

May 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #8 of 84
Kova I am talking through experience. I had the galaxy note and the galaxy nexus. I didn't like either of their screen. Compared to my nitro, the pen tile screens would show grainy blues, reds, purples, etc... green and light blue were the only colors where I didn't have that issue.

May 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #10 of 84
Well, I'm a big android geek and I've handled almost all android phones for quite some time and I wouldn't call the screen of the Note grainy even though it's screen is pretty big and thus it has lower amount of pixels per inch - you can only sopt it if you use your phone with the screen 1 inch away from your face. If you have issues with certian colors that's probably because you're among those people who can't get accustomed to the colors of AMOLED screens but the S3 has half an inch smaller screen and I'm not worried even a bit about seeing any difference from non-pentile screens. Even on pics when held next to SGS2, which has amoled plus display that uses conventional screen and not pentile the S2 looks sharper because of the higher resolution 

May 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #11 of 84
Quote:
Also the one x for att might share the same audio as the one s which even beat the 4s' sound quality (gsm arena).

Also, wishful thinking that the att version might have better sound quality than the inferior that the one x has now is just speculation on your side. And I wouldn't say the one s beat iphone 4 just because it has slightly better stereo crosstalk with headphones attached as there arent many people who care about sq that use their iphones without an amp and the line-out signal is way better than the headphone-out one. 

May 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 84
Well, you can hope if you're so set on getting it instead of S3. Frankly, for me the lack of microsd card slot and only 16GB of on-board storage seem like a total deal breaker - add to that a non-removable battery and I can't see how the at&t version of one x can be considered for use as a portable rig even if it has a better DAC than the international version of one x?    

May 6, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #14 of 84
Quote:
Well, you can hope if you're so set on getting it instead of S3. Frankly, for me the lack of microsd card slot and only 16GB of on-board storage seem like a total deal breaker - add to that a non-removable battery and I can't see how the at&t version of one x can be considered for use as a portable rig even if it has a better DAC than the international version of one x?    

Yes, although the AT&T phone has 16GB of storage, only around 10GB is available to the user. But One XL (S4) variants destined for Europe, Asia and Australia are reported to have 32GB (26GB usable).

May 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #15 of 84
And when you install some apps and games and take several hd videos and there is no space left for music. The S3 is the clear winner for use as a portable DAP - 64GB of on-board storage, you can add 64 more with a micro sd slot - even if one takes into consideration the storage that is available to the user from that 64gb on board and the other stuff on the phone aside from music - you still can get at least 110GB for music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back