HTC bought BEATS
Aug 11, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 23
Aug 11, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 23
Nothing is changing.  HTC just saw a good ploy to make more money.  Now they can have "beats audio" in all their phones + reap the benefits that are already there.

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #6 of 23
We all know who makes Beats and they've been around a while.

I always thought Monster made Beats but it seems I was wrong, they are manufactured by Beats Electronics LLC.

BTW HTC did not buy Beats, they just purchased controlling interest @ 51%.

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 23
Maybe the design was sub-contracted out to Beats Electronics LLC to manufacture?

Quote:
I always thought Monster made Beats but it seems I was wrong, they are manufactured by Beats Electronics LLC.

BTW HTC did not buy Beats, they just purchased controlling interest @ 51%.

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #8 of 23
This is a pure marketing move to get extra margins on the US market.

Beats is non-existent in Europe (sans UK). Nobody here cares. It's almost the same for most of Asia.

It's a pure US marketing move for mediocre overpriced products, imho.

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #10 of 23
"Dr. Dre knows about as much about headphone engineering as a real doctor does about rapping"

Quoted from someone on engadget

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #11 of 23

LOL.

Quote:
"Dr. Dre knows about as much about headphone engineering as a real doctor does about rapping"

Beats are quite popular in Singapore. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #12 of 23
This all seems rather silly, but I guess it's pretty smart from the marketing point of view. Personally, my Samsung Galaxy S's speakers give a better experience than the speakers on my hp laptop with Beats audio. I'm also pretty sure Beats audio in the hp laptop line is only a software adjustment to up the treble and bass and nothing hardware wise.

So where's all the mad rappers at?
It's like a jungle in this habitat

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #13 of 23
HTC makes fantastic phones, I've never bought from anyone else. I am indifferent to this move though... All it's going to do is jack up the price of already expensive phones. (I buy most my phones off contract so it makes quite a difference with $300-$700 in play)

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #14 of 23

Now go ask they same person would they like to trade bank accounts with Dre.

Dre has a cash cow with this whole Beats thing and if I had the opportunity I would do the same thing.

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
HTC makes fantastic phones, I've never bought from anyone else. I am indifferent to this move though... All it's going to do is jack up the price of already expensive phones. (I buy most my phones off contract so it makes quite a difference with $300-$700 in play)

Exactly,  but it's probably just going to be put in one line as some sort of additional premium feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back