HRT MusicStreamer DAC~Anyone Had Experience With This DAC?
Mar 10, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #46 of 57
I have just re-rad Leeperry`s reply above..again..and looked at all the links..afraid someone like me (learning fast as I am would take a very time to fully appreciate & understand all that technical stuff) let alone be able to order the correct components I am not able to build or mod these items ..if there was someone who could put some of this together? then that maybe diffferent...

steve

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #48 of 57
I think you didn't mention what your headphones were anyway?

if you don't have high expectations, any USB DAC will sound fine..Musiland 01US, HRT thingies, uDAC, HLLY Aune, NG27..the list is very very long.

you want at least 96dB of SNR, and a discrete wallwart if any possible.

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #49 of 57
Hi Leeperry
I have on order a pair of GRADO 60i~Phones.
My expectations are a good quilty sound...I do not think anyone could rightly acuse me of not taking any notice of the feedback..only the fact I am confused by the conflicting stuff...

I like the ides of the PSU as you suggested...and I am still waiting for some feedback on the A5s to fianlly convince me they are god value?

The dac could be one you have advciec d or the NU-Force UDAC? again it is a case of finding the right balance

all the best Steve

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #50 of 57
for a grado, the HRT will be fine...j/k
biggrin.gif

I haven't heard the uDAC, and it's currently the FOTM here on head-fi...so it's hard to get an idea on how it stacks against the competition...and it's not so easy to source anyway, as their european site is grossly overpriced. they sell it for the price of the NG98
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #51 of 57
Good Day..
Really good of you to stick in there...appreciate it.
I could not agree with you more regarding the HRTs in Europe Norway the II+ when available $600+ crazy...HRT & others tell me.."Well there is shipping import tarrifs anso on"" this is essentally true but there is also a tendency in Europe especially places like Norway to cream off high profits as folk here seem quite at home paying high prises..

I may be out of order saying that but having lived here 7 years I am always amazed at how uncomplaining Norwegians are,,sure Norway is up ther in top 3 most expensive places on the planet but sometimes even so ..certain commodities seem to be off the planet cost wise and luxury goods are certainly top of the pile

If I can order any of the Items being discussed..weather it be UDAC Or MUSICSTREAMER or anything else if I can find them?? at a good price IN the US(and they can be sold to me??) then I can look at the total costs including the Import duty & shipping and see if it is worthwhile or not.

many thank
Steve

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #52 of 57
Alternatively, you can keep an eye on the FS forums here and be opportunistic - if a good USB DAC comes up from a buyer who is willing to ship internationally, you'll probably get much better bang for your buck without having to deal with Norwegian markup.

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #53 of 57
Hi George
Good to hear from you again..
I appreciate the suggestion I am sort of already doing this..but must check more often..it was one of my ideas from the start to buy Used or B grade...

all the best Steve

Mar 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #54 of 57
Steve-

Also, bookmark this link on Audiogon - you'll find a lot of great deals there, including some folks who are willing to ship Worldwide.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #55 of 57
atsmile.gif
Hi george good to hear from you..much obliged I am on the case both with Audogen & Used Cables .com both look very good indeed..I also have a really kind guy inthe states trying to help also one dealer(US) and a famouse Audiophile reviewer! not bad I think
I am overwhelmed by the superb and genuine willingness to help me..esecailly from the good old US of A

all the very best Steve
smile.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #57 of 57
I own Music streamer 2+. I have had about a year. There is definite sound quality change that should enhance your listening.  However I still suffer from the hand shake this unit has to make with the computer.My discomfort with this is growing weekly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back