HQPlayer Impressions and Settings Rolling Thread
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #1,096 of 1,283
A26 has the same chip set 4499ex/4191
But Gustard has updated the firmware to support DSD direct after Jussi noticed/measured similar behavior to what you describe.
Still advised to only use 44.1 family rates only does DSD128/256 natively.

And only wide filter setting. Because narrow turns it into distortion generator.

But with the correct settings it also measures much better in DSD256 than it does with PCM input or any other settings.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #1,097 of 1,283
是的,总体来说这是相当未使用的,所以对于这个目的来说这是一个不错的选择。

有些可能是,但其中许多只是 AK4191 中的错误。或者他们这边的文档很差(至少看起来是这样)。现在它就像ESS芯片一样,一直都是这样。

是的,部分原因在于实施。但我不认为这种新芯片组会比 AK4490 或 AK4493 更好的技术原因......至少在他们弄清楚过去几十年来为 SCF 实际实施所解决的所有问题之前不会。 Cirrus Logic 是另一家基于 SCF 的 DAC 芯片供应商。而 TI/BB 和 ESS 是基于电阻的。但我不会说其中任何一个明显优于另一个。

不幸的是我的固件更新变砖了。我不应该尝试这样做......:翻白眼: 我可以整天重新刷新它,但它不再醒来了。
对你的遭遇表示同情,联系生产厂家或经销商他们肯定有办法让他复活!~祝你好运!

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #1,098 of 1,283
DAC question for everyone. I've currently got a Gustard R26 and I love it, but having recently implemented HQP I'm truly amazed at what it's doing with PCM and how ridiculous my system sounds now. So naturally I started reading up on DSD and recalling what others have said about it, and am considering a new DAC so I can run in DSD mode. Budget is a concern, but I've got my heart set on a Holo Spring KTE. It's a big chunk of change, so I'm wondering if there's anything close that might save me a chunk of money without too much of a sonic hit. I have a buddy who has a Gustard A26 who bough it for the same reason, that's the only decent alternative I know much about at this point. The Gustards are crazy good for the money, but I don't know if the A26 can come close to the Spring. has anyone heard them both, or another alternative to the Spring KTE? I have a feeling I already know the answer (just get the Holo), but it's worth asking if I can keep some of my money.

Apr 18, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #1,099 of 1,283
Get the Spring 3 KTE, you won’t regret it (or just go big and go straight for the May KTE) 😉

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #1,101 of 1,283
DAC question for everyone. I've currently got a Gustard R26 and I love it, but having recently implemented HQP I'm truly amazed at what it's doing with PCM and how ridiculous my system sounds now. So naturally I started reading up on DSD and recalling what others have said about it, and am considering a new DAC so I can run in DSD mode. Budget is a concern, but I've got my heart set on a Holo Spring KTE. It's a big chunk of change, so I'm wondering if there's anything close that might save me a chunk of money without too much of a sonic hit. I have a buddy who has a Gustard A26 who bough it for the same reason, that's the only decent alternative I know much about at this point. The Gustards are crazy good for the money, but I don't know if the A26 can come close to the Spring. has anyone heard them both, or another alternative to the Spring KTE? I have a feeling I already know the answer (just get the Holo), but it's worth asking if I can keep some of my money.
Why not Holo Cyan 2? It is much smaller and cheaper than Spring or May. I don't know how much better the Spring and May are (seems not very much), but I really enjoy the Cyan 2. Using HQP together with the Cyan 2 makes for a very affordable combo, both in terms of size and price.

Apr 18, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #1,102 of 1,283
Why not Holo Cyan 2? It is much smaller and cheaper than Spring or May. I don't know how much better the Spring and May are (seems not very much), but I really enjoy the Cyan 2. Using HQP together with the Cyan 2 makes for a very affordable combo, both in terms of size and price.
But there is no button for switching inputs on the Cyan 2, so you have to more attention when changing inputs. Additionally, the Cyan 2 only runs in NOS mode. However, I don't have a problem with these issues since I only feed the Cyan 2 from a single input (Holo Red) and I only use the NOS mode for HQP.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #1,103 of 1,283
But there is no button for switching inputs on the Cyan 2, so you have to more attention when changing inputs. Additionally, the Cyan 2 only runs in NOS mode. However, I don't have a problem with these issues since I only feed the Cyan 2 from a single input (Holo Red) and I only use the NOS mode for HQP.
I'm not concerned about the inputs either and will be doing exactly the same, straight from the Red, NOS. I haven't read any reliable comparisons between the Cyan2 and the Spring KTE, the one place I know I'd take a hit is with the USB, which on the KTE is supposed to be superb. I have a very good Revelation I2S cable but even that I think would fall behind a bit from what I can tell. I'd love to be confident that the Cyan2 is just a dressed down Spring, but even the difference between the Spring 2 and KTE is supposedly pretty obvious so I dunno.......

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #1,104 of 1,283
I'm not concerned about the inputs either and will be doing exactly the same, straight from the Red, NOS. I haven't read any reliable comparisons between the Cyan2 and the Spring KTE, the one place I know I'd take a hit is with the USB, which on the KTE is supposed to be superb. I have a very good Revelation I2S cable but even that I think would fall behind a bit from what I can tell. I'd love to be confident that the Cyan2 is just a dressed down Spring, but even the difference between the Spring 2 and KTE is supposedly pretty obvious so I dunno.......
Nope, Cyan 2 usb is absolutely flawless. Quite a bit better than i2s in measurementz

2 jitter performance using USB input is usual Holo Audio quality, absolutely excellent!

[IMG]

[IMG]
You can pretty much skip the red with the cyan 2

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #1,108 of 1,283
If even after an upgrade or two you find yourself hankering to further improve your USB I can vouch for the Innuous PhoenixUSB, there’s even a satisfied May KTE owner or two with it… 😉

Apr 18, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #1,110 of 1,283
You mean connecting the Cyan 2 to a computer directly? No need to use Red in between?
Yes or just use anything as a NAA. I have tried a rpi4 as a NAA, with or without intona in the chain, no difference. I also use a filter 3 as a NAA with the SFP module, with or without intona in the chain, no difference. Use 2 Supra Excalibur usb cables vs $10 Startech usb 3.0 cables, no difference

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back