HPs for shooting and editing video
May 30, 2010 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jegarn

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

A friend of mine asked me for advice on headphones for shooting video and editing.
She will be using the camera as source, a canon something ..

she wants good sound (easy) and good looks(not so easy). She liked the K601 - I said open.

recomended hd25 and som e akg's but she didn't fall fore any of them.
What would you choose?

May 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 6
I still have a pair of Sony MDR-V6's that have travelled around the world with me when I was a sound person/editor. Sturdy and reliable, they've served me well for years. But as a shooter, you need to have one ear listening to the camera output and one ear listening to your surroundings...nothing worse than not hearing on coming traffic as you backpedal your way into certain death! Most camera people I worked with used a mono in ear device similar to what we used for talent or live interviwees so they could hear live programming....called IFB in the business ( interuptable feedback device).
So I would get two different headphones...the Sony's are very reasonable and for the other I would look at some place like Markertek (search IFB)

Jun 3, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Lol, tell here this isn't the place then. I can't honestly say I've fallen in love with any of the looks of most high end / decent headphones. Sennheiser probably takes the cake for most regular looking headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back