HP-2 ranting.
Oct 1, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #16 of 48
Yeah I told him I had the modified Senn pads on my HP2’s and he told me I was chit out of luck and he wouldn’t help me since I wasn’t using them right. He used more colorful language.

I was honored to have him work on my headphones 2 years ago regardless of the cost.

I don’t think you can expect to have him available for repairs in perpetuity. Plus no one knows what type and how many parts are still available. When I read here that he was still working on them I was going to recommend that anyone who even considered maintenance of their HP1000’s jump at the chance and contact him. He flat out recommended that I have the drivers replaced since they were getting old and I didn’t know how they were treated.

Those are some beautifully engineered headphones. The HPA-1 I had was impressive also. I hate the fact that I sold mine but I’m a monogamous headphone user and those headphones deserve better than to sit in a box.

Mitch

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
The reason I will never buy another pair of the HP-1000 series. You are extremely fortunate to have two pairs. Most are not so lucky.

I remember your HP-2's, you had the RS-1 drivers put in them. How did those sound?

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon
1 pair with bowls, 1 pair with flats. Tho i enjoy the bowls with HP-2's almost all the time, especially now with the new Todd bowls.

I know Todd sells "reissue" flats, or Todd flats, but what are "Todd bowls"? Are they different than the bowls Grado ships?

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
I know Todd sells "reissue" flats, or Todd flats, but what are "Todd bowls"? Are they different than the bowls Grado ships?

yep for some reason my original old school john grado bowl pads have slits in them like the flats, who knows why hehe. new bowls don't have em.

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

I remember your HP-2's, you had the RS-1 drivers put in them. How did those sound?

Wonderful. I actually preferred them to the stock HP-2.

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #23 of 48
I wonder how many HP1000 drivers Joe has left?

Does he have other spares like adjusting screws and headbands?

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #24 of 48
So can you give me the link for those power cords? I'm interested in upgrading, I'd need 10-15 of them, hope they're not too expensive
plainface.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Moving on to the AC-11 power-cord, i cant believe he was right! Philodox, if you read this, Thank-you! I can definatly hear a difference on the HP-2's! Im not sure if im more pleased about the fact that the AC-11 sounds so much better, or the fact that i can actually clearly hear the difference with my HP-2's! Usually its hard to hear equipment and accessory changes with headphones compared to speakers. Not the case here- My GS-1 seems to pump new life into my Joe babies!

hehe... I'm glad that things worked out for you. Now you just need to get a better PC for your source.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #26 of 48
nevermind. i should read entire threads before posting. :/

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Wonderful. I actually preferred them to the stock HP-2.

you're giving me evil ideas along the lines of placing rs-1 drivers (with wood holders) into metal cups.
blink.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yep for some reason my original old school john grado bowl pads have slits in them like the flats, who knows why hehe. new bowls don't have em.

That is crazy. I think I saw that in an ebay auction, I just figured they had started to rot and "split" or the owner cut them to give them a flats look.

Oct 1, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

At the first NY meet when John was giving us the Tour of Grado labs he showed us the machine press that makes the slits in the pads,right next to it was a box of bowl pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back