HP-2 ranting.
Oct 1, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #31 of 48
hey. You sent one of your hp-2's to john because a driver was missed up? It wasnt my old headphone was it? Did you send them to john with flats on them? because that might be why hes holding them for so long

Oct 1, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26
hey. You sent one of your hp-2's to john because a driver was missed up? It wasnt my old headphone was it? Did you send them to john with flats on them? because that might be why hes holding them for so long

Hey surfboardz, nah, yours are the ones i still have here. They're perfect. I sent Digiheads HP-2's in. And i sent them to Joe not John, and recstar reminded me to put Flat Pads on them.

Rhydon.

Oct 1, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #33 of 48
Thanks a bunch
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
At the first NY meet when John was giving us the Tour of Grado labs he showed us the machine press that makes the slits in the pads,right next to it was a box of bowl pads.

Rats if I joined head-fi just a month earlier I would have bribed my way upstairs and got a lookee into things. Interesting observation!

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
you're giving me evil ideas along the lines of placing rs-1 drivers (with wood holders) into metal cups.
blink.gif

Wait till you see what I'm cooking up, the PSR-60. Custom milled aluminum enclosures with Sr-60 parts

Oct 2, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon
Thanks for the advice. I like the idea of these power plants, tho i may not buy one for a while, the idea is apealing. But i have a question; Richard Gray's Power Company... It says on their company website that they are situated in New Orleans....
eek.gif
- I hope they keep their stock else where.

Richard Gray's Power Company has relocated to their Chicago facilites, which is a good thing. Orders are being processed on time from what I have heard. If you have the opportunity to hear their gear, go for it. You will be impressed. Plus, it is not over priced like PS Audio gear is.

Holy Smokes! Thats quite an accomplishment to be able to consider the SDS! I hope you enjoy it!
- Just out of interest, which Grado's do you currently own?

The Melos SHA-1 that I have is nice, but I am looking for more. Right now with the options out there, SinglePower looks like the guys to go with. I want to have a Supra SDS with XLR in and also XLR jacks in the front for my headphones.

The Grado List:

HP-1: Mint Condition, every letter is intact. Polarity switches work like a charm! Original box and papers.

HP-2: Near Mint, about 85% of the letters are intact. Original box and papers.

PS-1: Mint, own two pairs. One to keep as stock, the other to modify to a balenced XLR set up. Original box, no papers come with the PS-1.

RS-1: Mint. Original box and papers.

HF-1: Waiting for it to come, don't know what number mine will be.

I am looking for an HP-3 and the SR 300 as well! Just some more stuff to add to the collection!

Rock on with your Grados!
rs1smile.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSport911
The Melos SHA-1 that I have is nice, but I am looking for more. Right now with the options out there, SinglePower looks like the guys to go with. I want to have a Supra SDS with XLR in and also XLR jacks in the front for my headphones.

The Grado List:

HP-1: Mint Condition, every letter is intact. Polarity switches work like a charm! Original box and papers.

HP-2: Near Mint, about 85% of the letters are intact. Original box and papers.

PS-1: Mint, own two pairs. One to keep as stock, the other to modify to a balenced XLR set up. Original box, no papers come with the PS-1.

RS-1: Mint. Original box and papers.

I am looking for an HP-3 and the SR 300 as well! Just some more stuff to add to the collection!

rs1smile.gif

i'm your long lost son, no really!
eek.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
i'm your long lost son, no really!
eek.gif

What are you talking about!? Msport911, im your long lost son, remember??? Now dad, can you send me over a PS-1!? lol!

Msport911, that is truley a remarkable collection you have. Have you posted any reviews of comparisons between your cans?

Rhydon

Oct 2, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils
you use bowls with hp2's?
eek.gif

I have preferred bowls because of the crisper top end and for a bigger and nicer stage provided by these pads .. but I have to say that if your system is top and bass is yet controlled before hp-2 , the flats provide the sound as pure as it can be heard ..

Now I'm using some port pads that are midway between bowls anbd flats , but still convinced that hp-2 are overall and generally speaking best sounding with bowls .

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

What are you talking about!? Msport911, im your long lost son, remember??? Now dad, can you send me over a PS-1!? lol!

Msport911, that is truley a remarkable collection you have. Have you posted any reviews of comparisons between your cans?

Rhydon

Geez I have two lost sons, I thought there would be a few more! j/k. I have not had a chance to do a comparison between all my Grado's, but I will probably do one early next year. Right now I am in the process of building a reference/audiophile grade system.

Currently I have a Denon DCD-1650AR (Denon's last stand alone CD player) with the Melos SHA-1, Monster Cable M1500 interconnects, Moon Audio Green Dragon Power Cord, and a Monster Power HTS 1000 MKII to plug everything into. I also swap in my Denon DVD-3910 from my main room rack. Overall not a bad system, and it sounds pretty good. However, I have decided to go to the next level to say the least.

I am going to go with the new Krell SACD standard. This is one amazing player, nothing like the older model. It will run with anything out there head to head. To add to this, I will probably get the SinglePower Supra or Supra SDS to provide the good juice to the Grados. The power center will more than likely be Richard Gray's Power Company RGPC 600S. Cables will be Cardas Golden Reference XLR's and power cables.

The ideas behind my system are: clarity, detail, neutrality, and transparency. I want to hear a recording in its pure state to say the least. Hopefully this setup will achieve it. I hope to have everything by the end of the year.

If you are in the Chicago area, you are welcome to check out and hear all the Grados that I have!

rs1smile.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Hey, I expected more ranting than raving.

There is mostly raving about the HP-2.

I am dissappointed.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

HP2's sound like I'm making love with an overly analytical and intellectual woman more concerned with the actual process and act of lovemaking, whereas the RS-1's simply are concerned with making and sharing the love back and don't care about the process.

How's that?
rs1smile.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #43 of 48
HEY! Recstar you trator! Lol.

The HP-2's are like making love to a natural beauty. She hides nothing, and shows you a world you've never seen before
biggrin.gif

I still cant get over how natural these sound. Ever time i listen to John Williams, his woodwinds and horns, they sound so perfect, SO REAL! Not even my dynaudio's come this close.

Rhydon.

Oct 3, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
At the first NY meet when John was giving us the Tour of Grado labs he showed us the machine press that makes the slits in the pads,right next to it was a box of bowl pads.

Found the pic:

ce_1_b.JPG

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #45 of 48
Quote:

The HP-2's are like making love to a natural beauty. She hides nothing, and shows you a world you've never seen before
biggrin.gif

mildly. disturbing.
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Found the pic:

do these feel/sound any different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back