HowTo: Build an Ultra-Slim LOD Cable
Jun 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #91 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
truly amazing! could it be made to have a female 1/4 on the other end for my Grados?

errrmmmm.....

why would you want to do that??
confused.gif
it may make noise when you plug headphones into a lineout signal, but its gonna sound crap as a line-out just isnt powered to drive headphones. it will be loud, but will sound crud. as for the USB tutorial; waaaayy too busy at the moment to do anything like that and I dont have any orders coming up for that specific LOD. sorry but i'm not really up for making one just to show you how to do it. you could use this tutorial for some of it, but there is a LOT different about it once USB is added. routing becomes an issue. no way will it fit in the LOD connector punnisher links, the only way is to use epoxy or some other form of putty/acrylic. use as thin wires as you can manage for the usb and solid core is best for the power wires. sorry I cant help more; under the pump at the moment with work.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #92 of 145
any help is appreciated! Thanks

Ill see if I can start to undertake it!

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #93 of 145
excellent! will attempt one tomorrow

Jul 20, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #95 of 145
I am wondering;do i need to put any resistors to make a lod for Itouch 2gen.I think i have read it somewhere but can't remember now.In the first post;there's a link to ipod connector pin out;it's also for Iphone 3g so i am assuming it's gonna be identical for touch?Am i right;if not can someone explain then?
Matt

Jul 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #96 of 145
Nope, for Touch 2G just connect pin 11 to pin 15 and you're done.

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #98 of 145
Use 2 for left, 3 for right, bridge 11 and 15 and simultaniously use them as ground. Easier that way
wink.gif

Edit: Typo, I accidentaly said that 3 was for ground where it actually is for the right signal
redface.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #102 of 145
I had a bit of a question, or maybe perhaps it's already been answered. I was wondering why and in what applications you would use either/both capacitors and resistors in the constructions of a DIYLOD. I saw in other DIYLOD posts for the Zen and the Fuze that a capacitor/resistor is required. I vaguely remember that capacitors were necessary as a DC-filter that prevents your headphones from being damaged if your amp doesn't have a DC-filter built in. This doesn't have one. Is this okay?

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #103 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
24AWG wire. Different sizes may be used but Don't go thicker than 22AWG.

Thanks so much for such an informative post. Just out of curiousity. On your list of required parts, why is it you say "Don't go thicker than 22AWG."?

Thanks again.

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #104 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use 2 for left, 3 for right, bridge 11 and 15 and simultaniously use them as ground. Easier that way
wink.gif

Edit: Typo, I accidentaly said that 3 was for ground where it actually is for the right signal
redface.gif

Punnisher said 2 is ground, 3 is right and 4 is left, and said to bridge 1 or 2 to 11, or use a second ground wire in the cable to 11. He and Hans at Qables both said that will work with iPhone or 2G Touch.

It sounds very different from what you posted above. Can you clarify please? Thanks!

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #105 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by parkchansu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a bit of a question, or maybe perhaps it's already been answered. I was wondering why and in what applications you would use either/both capacitors and resistors in the constructions of a DIYLOD. I saw in other DIYLOD posts for the Zen and the Fuze that a capacitor/resistor is required. I vaguely remember that capacitors were necessary as a DC-filter that prevents your headphones from being damaged if your amp doesn't have a DC-filter built in. This doesn't have one. Is this okay?

You use the resistors if you use your LOD on an iPhone or iPod Touch. Because the iPhone has a built-in speaker, it won't default send an audio signal to the dock. You have to load the pins to 'tell' the iPhone that something else is taking care of the sound so send me the signal and mute the internal speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back