How's the Koss KSC75?
Jul 15, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #16 of 37
I discovered a fix for this. By putting the Koss inside my Sennheisers, I get that comfort without having to mod anything.

Could that damage the Sennheisers though? I don't know how but perhaps the drivers pushing sound out of the ports into the Senn's? Also, I couldn't be sure, but it seemed like the sound stage was brought a bit closer, although if so, the bass sounded a bit tighter. I'll listen tonight to be sure.

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #17 of 37
Man, I need to get some sleep but I'm so amped from listening to my brand new '75's, I have to put in a word.

I'm hearing all sorts of details I was missing out on with the benchmark portapros. The increased treble response is simply...sweet! I'm listening to the crash cymbals on Kool and the Gang's "Ladies Night" and they sound fabulous (i.e., realistic). Not to mention the bass line sounds like a bass line instead of a roaring elephant like they do on portapros.

Or, what about being able to make out the radio voice on Tobymac's "Getaway Car?" How about hearing the in-studio echos from snares and feeling the skins vibrate on kick drums on Keith Richards' "It Means A Lot?" I can make out background vocals much more easily as well.

Of course, you can hear flaws from master tapes more readily as well. The damaged parts of old tapes, like on certain David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and Eagles tracks, makes me cringe.

I'm not going to claim that '75's are benchmark 'phones. I'm simply saying that they reveal much more detail and information than the previous sub $50 dollar reference Portapros. Pay less, get more. That's technological progress.

Edit: The guitar on Curtis Salgado's "Help Me Through The Day" is beautifully rendered by the '75's. Yes, you can hear the pick sliding along the string. No kidding.

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not get them from Amazon? Don't they ship to Israel?

Amazon do not ship headphones internationally, but you may find an Amazon marketplace seller who does.

Simon

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dommzdayz
for all those with trouble keeping them on, please note that the clip part that detaches is meant to be bendable.

I received mine about 3 weeks ago, and had a hard time at the beginning to adust them to fit my ears, but then realized that the clip is bendable. From now, it is just perfectly fitted to my ears. And btw, they sound fantastic out of my ipod nano... Trully impressive for $22 shipped.

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #22 of 37
Based off this thread I decided to give these a try (last Koss I owned was "The Plug"). At first I tried them straight off my Ipod's headphone output, and didn't think they were all that. Well I tried them w/ my Cmoy. Hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but I just about crapped myself at the difference! The bass cleared up as if the room I was listening in was full of smoke then cleared up suddenly. The sound stage at a minimum quadrupled. I just can't believe the difference especially going back & fourth. A truly amazing experience, and will worth the $16.28.

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #23 of 37
What's a Cmoy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrosis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based off this thread I decided to give these a try (last Koss I owned was "The Plug"). At first I tried them straight off my Ipod's headphone output, and didn't think they were all that. Well I tried them w/ my Cmoy. Hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but I just about crapped myself at the difference! The bass cleared up as if the room I was listening in was full of smoke then cleared up suddenly. The sound stage at a minimum quadrupled. I just can't believe the difference especially going back & fourth. A truly amazing experience, and will worth the $16.28.

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #25 of 37
That is completely insane. The ingenuity is unbelievable. I've just checked ebay's listings. How do I know which ones are good, and which ones are mediocre? And how do they compare to ibasso's amp?

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #26 of 37
I've never done the CMoy thing, I'm not a DIY guy. I'm sure if you do some searching here you'll find more info than you could read in one night.

I like to buy my amps ready to rock.
dt880smile.png

If you're interested in portable amps be sure to read Skylabs 37-amp review if you haven't already.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/r...mpared-214588/

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #28 of 37
I'm fascinated by the idea of a cmoy. If I understand it, these are low cost amplifiers you make yourself or can buy from others at a low price? I'd prefer simply to purchase? What's a good place to buy a quality cmoy from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrosis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm fascinated by the idea of a cmoy. If I understand it, these are low cost amplifiers you make yourself or can buy from others at a low price? I'd prefer simply to purchase? What's a good place to buy a quality cmoy from?

Most CMoy's are probably found on ebay these days. Do a search for "headphone amplifiers" and you should get 4-5 pages that include several listings for CMoys. Some have their own websites and can be purchase directly outside of ebay.

The real key to a CMoy is building one, however. The defacto standard tutorial for that is on Head-Fi user and famous DIY-er Tangent's site:
How to Build the CMoy Pocket Amplifier

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They were all the rage a year ago. I had a pair, but couldn't handle the ear clip design. They sound great for the price, though.

The ear clip design is one of my favourite things about them. Much more comfortable than over the head style. I have two pairs of them and got them for only $12.95 CAD each at NCIX. Ear clip may seem awkward at first but once you get used to it they are better than over the head design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back