How's Etymotic's customer service? My MC5s broke!
Dec 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Punky

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I was trying to use some Ety phones with Shure tips, and in the process of taking the tips off (they were too big for my ears), the shaft of the MC5s broke. The MC5s I had were less than a month old and I'm hoping to return them to Ety. Does anyone have any experience dealing with their returns / service department? I THINK I have the receipt somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I can't find the receipt, I may not be able to get them replaced, and that really would suck.

Anyone have any dealings with them?

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Either give a call to our Customer Service Department at 888-389-6684 to obtain a return authorization (RMA) number, or you can actually go online to generate a return authorization yourself at http://www.etymotic.com/cs/.  The MC5 has a 2-year warranty from the original date of purchase.  I think you will find our Customer Service and Returns departments reasonable and easy to deal with.

Hope this helps!

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 7
I also had good experience with them, email them they usually reply within 24hours, I think if they are within warranty period they should repair/replace even if you are using Shure tips, when i sent mine for replacement they noted that I should never use Shure Olives as it might break the stem when  taking them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back