How to punish ebay seller????
Jun 5, 2008 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok guys, I have one transaction on ebay which pisses me off. I bought this cellphone
Seller have claimed phone is unlock. By the time I receive it, it is locked. Not only it is locked, phone is hard locked which means it can't be unlock with code alone. So I ask him to refund my money, he agreed and ask me to return the phone. He received the phone on monday. I have sent him email on sunday, monday and tuesday. I receive no reply nor refund. So I start a paypal claim against him on wednesday night. After he received that paypal claim, he acts himself as victim, he claim that I never contact him and my claim is not warranted so he will wait for 10 days (the time frame paypal allowed) before refunding my money. This person piss me off, it's not the money I care but I hate to be treated this way. A deceptive auction, ignoring email, refuse to refund and claiming it was my fault to begin with. What a person. Is there other way to punish this person beside a negative feedback on his ebay?

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send him a poo in the post. In a tiffany box.

Baby powder could do the same trick. I remember CNN's report on people rushing out of U.S. senate because some genius send a letter with white powder and everyone thought it was Bin Laden sending in his Dear John letter
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I start a paypal claim against him on wednesday night. After he received that paypal claim, he acts himself as victim, he claim that I never contact him

If you contacted him through the eBay 'ask seller a question' section, then there's a record of it and he can't pretend you didn't contact him. Yes, he can pretend your communication got lost in cyberspace, but it's a weak excuse for more than one message.

As far as getting revenge on him, it's extremely childish and vindicitve to stoop to that level. So I suggest setting up multiple user accounts or getting friends to set them up and then bidding on everything he has but not paying. Of course that would only work if they were accounts that no one cared about
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 32
Be careful- some of the funny suggestions already offered could get You in trouble.

In the big scheme of things this is a minor speed bump unless you let it get to you.

You can lower yourself to thier level or you can move on?

Mitch

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 32
Find something more productive to do. You have a limited amount of time in life, so why waste any time on this jerk?

You've already been made whole with the refund, which is what you're generally entitled to under contract law.

He was probably fencing that phone, anyway. Let the seller get what's eventually coming to him.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #11 of 32
That's too harsh a punishment. Catching your parents in bed with a leather-clad stranger can really mess you up.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #12 of 32
Honestly, give him negative feedback.

Just be sure to wait until 1 hour or so before his negative feedback reply window has closed. You can google ninja negative feedback for some suggestions.

Negative feedback hurts him worse than most of these other suggestions, and its completely warranted given the situation.

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, give him negative feedback.

Just be sure to wait until 1 hour or so before his negative feedback reply window has closed. You can google ninja negative feedback for some suggestions.

Negative feedback hurts him worse than most of these other suggestions, and its completely warranted given the situation.

Well, the new ebay rule of not allowing seller post negative feedback will do great in my favour this time. Once I receive my money from paypal, I'll post that negative feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find out where he lives and set his lawn on fire....

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send him a poo in the post. In a tiffany box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Baby powder could do the same trick. I remember CNN's report on people rushing out of U.S. senate because some genius send a letter with white powder and everyone thought it was Bin Laden sending in his Dear John letter
biggrin.gif

Thank's for the laugh guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be careful- some of the funny suggestions already offered could get You in trouble.

In the big scheme of things this is a minor speed bump unless you let it get to you.

You can lower yourself to thier level or you can move on?

Mitch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find something more productive to do. You have a limited amount of time in life, so why waste any time on this jerk?

You've already been made whole with the refund, which is what you're generally entitled to under contract law.

He was probably fencing that phone, anyway. Let the seller get what's eventually coming to him.

Yeah I know, I guess I just want to rant, I'm pissed off since he posted a deceptive ads, wasting my time and still claims he's a victim.

Jun 5, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be more serious...other than negative feedback, there is really nothing else you can do.

Except for bending over and taking it up the tailpipe with a big smile ==>
biggrin.gif

So much for being serious....

X2. Negative feedback is the way to go. Sorry about your situation as that is just so frustrating
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back