How to punish ebay seller????
Jun 5, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #17 of 32
x2 on negative feedback.
There are very few other alternatives, which wont run you into any other problems.

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 32
"the new ebay rule of not allowing seller post negative feedback will do great in my favour this time."

The Seller can still leave a Scathing Negative Feedback- it just won't be listed as negative but anyone reading it will know.

Mitch

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's too harsh a punishment. Catching your parents in bed with a leather-clad stranger can really mess you up.

Personal experience Kirosia?
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #20 of 32
For the heavy breathing phonecalls, use a payphone, I also recommend that you don't leave any fingerprints on the death threats.

Remember to call him in the most inhumane hours, should scare him a lot more if he is already very tired.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 32
Tough break, negative feedback is the only way to go. I also dont like that some morons give negative buyer feedback when you leave them negative feedback even though they screwed up. Ebays feedback system although better than sites like Amazon.com, is still a little messed up.

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #22 of 32
Send Kirosia.

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"the new ebay rule of not allowing seller post negative feedback will do great in my favour this time."

The Seller can still leave a Scathing Negative Feedback- it just won't be listed as negative but anyone reading it will know.

Mitch

I know, he can leave a positive one and word it as negative but honestly even negative won't affect me that much since I rarely sell things on ebay. Being a buyer, IMHO other ebay seller will only care whether you pay your transaction asap or not, which something that I always do in less than 24 hours after I win most auctions.

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be more serious...other than negative feedback, there is really nothing else you can do.

Except for bending over and taking it up the tailpipe with a big smile ==>
biggrin.gif

So much for being serious....

biggrin.gif
I wish I can do that, the seller lives on west coast so it's really not cost effective for me to do anything
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is paypal handling your claim? You can say that you have evidence of sent emails, which you do.

Paypal give him 10 days to respond and that person will not do anything until paypal make the decision. Is there a way to get this person banned by paypal?

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #25 of 32
Nothing much you can do aside from leaving negative feedback. I had similar experience where item never arrived and seller was totally uncommunicative. Aside from the initial message from him detailing payment method, (and a one-liner apologetic message he sent me immediately after I opened a dispute, four weeks after auction closed), he was totally silent. With the Ebay dispute system effectively ineffective (pun intended), I promptly left him negative feedback. There was nothing else I could practically do.

Funnily enough, the item showed up on my door 4 months after the whole debacle. Since I do not know how to modify feedbacks I have left and I am still totally unhappy on the communication side, I left his feedback the way I left it.

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #27 of 32
I suppose the best thing now is to provide paypal with all the evidence that supports your claim, since it's more/less established that your seller is trying to screw you over. Make sure you have the delivery confirmation of the returned item, as the seller can claim they didn't receive it.

Optionally, you could request a reverse charge through your credit card company (that is if you used your credit card to pay paypal...). Usually that give you another chance at getting back your hard earned money.

That, and I suppose next time file for a refund before mailing back the items, just in case.

Good luck getting your cash back, as well as your future ebay experiences.

P.S. (Oh, and don't forget to file an eBay claim as well...)

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #29 of 32
Let Karma do it's thing. There is no free lunch. What they did is on them. there will be some price to pay down the line. What you try to do to them is on you, and somewhere down the line you would have to pay a price for that.

Jun 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #30 of 32
Consider setting up a new account under a new name. Then, keep one of his ads on your watch list at all times just as a link to his other auctions. Bid and win something cheap, pay for it, and leave negative feedback and/or return it to the ship-from address smeared heavily in poo.
icon10.gif

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back