How to order SE530x6 or SE530x8 upgrade mod
Jan 8, 2018 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ronCYA

New Head-Fier
I have an old pair of Shure SE530's lying around (cables died after ~6 months) and after losing my regular TTPOD T1-E's it's time to get them working again. I live in Australia and hope to reshell the SE530 to have
  • Custom mold
  • Removable cables
  • Added drivers for x6 or x8 upgrade
I've read that Unique Melody Australia/Acustoms has bad service and you should go through Stephen Guo in the US, but I live in Australia.

What's the best way to go about this?

Jan 8, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 6
I have an old pair of Shure SE530's lying around (cables died after ~6 months) and after losing my regular TTPOD T1-E's it's time to get them working again. I live in Australia and hope to reshell the SE530 to have
  • Custom mold
  • Removable cables
  • Added drivers for x6 or x8 upgrade
I've read that Unique Melody Australia/Acustoms has bad service and you should go through Stephen Guo in the US, but I live in Australia.

What's the best way to go about this?

Send them abroad? You could also do it via a a dealership like Jaben for example. I'm not sure about the Jaben in Australia, but the Jaben where I live facilitates the reshell service for AAW.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Hi Ron,

Thank you for your interest in our reshell service. Unfortunately, we no longer offer reshell of products from other brands. For any future inquiries though, feel free to visit our website or give us an email! We'd be happy to help you out!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 6
@Dulalala
I didn't see Shure listed on their site but I've enquired with them, so thanks for the pointer. Acustoms are the official UM dealership in Australia and they very clearly advertise SE530 reshelling on their site— makes me wonder if they operate separately as Cotnijoe says they no longer do these mods.

Unfortunately, we no longer offer reshell of products from other brands. For any future inquiries though, feel free to visit our website or give us an email! We'd be happy to help you out!

Bummerooney! Since you're in Baltimore, would it be possible that UM in Australia still offer reshells of other brands? The official website still shows the service: http://acustoms.com.au/home/re-shell-by-unique-melody/ (this site is re-directed from http://uniquemelody.com.au)

Jan 9, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #5 of 6
Dulalala
I didn't see Shure listed on their site but I've enquired with them, so thanks for the pointer. Acustoms are the official UM dealership in Australia and they very clearly advertise SE530 reshelling on their site— makes me wonder if they operate separately as Cotnijoe says they no longer do these mods.

https://www.aaw.me/collections/accessories/products/earphone-reshell-service-by-aaw

I'm not sure about the Australian's Jaben, but my local Jaben requires you to call em up and ask about the reshelling service. It's not publicly listed on my local Jaben's site either

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 6
UM's a company that is based in Zhuhai China. Our distribution network represented us in our respective regions. Unfortunately Acustom's site is fairly outdated, and in fact doesn't even represent our newer V2 or V3 units, and still has units that have long been discontinued.

We're working to revamp and improve our overall distribution network. Apologies for the bit of confusion it may have caused! The easiest way to get a sure answer will definitely to reach out to us directly in the meantime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back