How to open Koss Portapros?
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Headphonez

New Head-Fier
Hey HeadFi, I can't seem to find proper instructions on how to open the Koss Portapros. I plan on recabling them but i have no idea how to get inside the darn thing! I don't want to just go at it because i heard many people saying that some stuff can break easily and I don't plan on breaking them. So if anyone can post step by step instructions (with pictures would be nice) or a link on how to open them, that'll be greatly appreciated! 
atsmile.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I recabled one once and you can just twist the driver out of the headband then use an razor blade to pry open the blue housing for the driver. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that's how you do it. Please be careful though as the housing and headband attachments is not that strong.

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 4

I recabled one once and you can just twist the driver out of the headband then use an razor blade to pry open the blue housing for the driver. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure that's how you do it. Please be careful though as the housing and headband attachments is not that strong.

Was the recable difficult? besides trying not to break anything?

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Well the inside of the driver enclosure is a little cramped but otherwise it's not that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back