How To: Installing and Uninstalling Rockbox to the HiFiMAN HM-801, 603, 602 and 601.
Jun 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #121 of 139
Hi guys

I wonder how to see chinese font into the rockbox hifiman?
All chinese font song title is gone after i rockbox the hifiman

Is there any solution?

Thanks before :)

You will have to check with RockBox community if Chinese is supported. If not, then return to the original firmware if you need it.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #123 of 139
I don't use RockBox myself, so if I was you I would ask in a Chinese forum or perhaps at the RockBox forum (in English). Sorry I can't help you more.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #124 of 139
I tried to install Rockbox on my HM-801 and it locks up on the Rockbox intro. I get the message that it cannot open the base.rkw file. I am trying to get back to the stock firmware but don't have USB working anymore in the 801. I made it through bridging pins 5 & 6 until I heard Windows recognize it, then I removed the bridge. I opened the device Manager and scanned for new hardware. I found an unknown device and I figure that's the 801, but not sure. I am stuck because Windows cannot find a new driver (Windows 8) and the links here for the driver (rockusb27.cat?) have expired and I cannot find a driver. If someone could help me find a driver I could probably get it back up & running. Or if someone has another recommendation I would sure appreciate the help. I tried the recommendation by sup3r8 but that didn't work for me.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #125 of 139
For RockBox to work you need to copy the base file to your SD card, where the audio files are. Try that first. When all is working you should be able to launch the stock firmware by pressing power + one more button after turning it off.

There is an original firmware at Head-Direct.com in the News. It is version 0.21.

After getting RockBox up and working this shouldn't be necessary since the later RB versions has dual boot as described.

However, if something went wrong then use the firmware at Head-Direct.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #126 of 139
Thank you. I had already tried that and placed the BASE.RKW in both the root directory of the SD card and the .rockbox folder. But you gave me an idea. My .rockbox folder was structured under Hifiman HM-801 folder as it was unzipped. I removed that folder and placed the .rockbox folder in the root directory of the SD card. Then I followed your instructions again and it booted up in Rockbox at first, then to the stock firmware just as you said it should. Since that worked so well I tried booting up in Rockbox mode by pressing only the power button. It does the same thing and boots up with the stock firmware. Something is still wrong with my Rockbox installation but now I have my 801 back and I will probably uninstall Rockbox unless I think of something else to try. Thank you for the help.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #127 of 139
Alright, after spending literally 8 hours trying to get rockbox going, I got met with ATA Error -4, but figured it out. If anyone needs help with setting up their rockbox, send me a message, I'll provide you with the folder that is pre-setup for your HM-601, all you need to do is put it onto the SD card of your choice, while having the rockboxd disk image on the internal storage of the 601.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #128 of 139
rockbox my hm801 but immediately feel like degrade on sound quality.

also i notice that the player was cooler when running Rockbox.

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #129 of 139
If you play hi res files (24-bit) RockBox will downsample these to 16-bit / 44.1kHz before sending to the DAC chip.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #130 of 139
I was just playing some 16/44kHz wav files.

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #131 of 139
dead thread?
Anyways my hm801 is not rock boxed, but all usb connection just died on it :/ can't get it to connect to any kind of PC in either USB DAC mode or Data Exchange [both of which worked about an hour ago] 

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #132 of 139
This could be a hardware or a software problem. If it happened without changing the firmware, then I would assume it's a hardware issue. If so, contact HiFiMan.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #133 of 139
This could be a hardware or a software problem. If it happened without changing the firmware, then I would assume it's a hardware issue. If so, contact HiFiMan.

I have I just hope they get back to me. I did buy my hm801 second hand I think I might have the paper work around some where

I'm going to attempt to remove the battery if I can find it

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #134 of 139
I have a question I know this is a older post but I have a hm601 slim that has been rockboxd and has a white screen what is the method of going about Un installing rockbox and putting the original firmware back onto it.

I've read this post through and through but I can't really find a solid answer:mad:

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #135 of 139
Did you check if there is a RockBox version for HM-601 Slim now?

If there is still no RB for it, then there is "bad and ugly" method to resort to.
Well, except for sending it to HiFiMan of course and pay them to fix it. This is the safest way - if only they will do it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back