how to get rid of annoying ringing sound on IEMs?
Jun 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

High_Q

1000+ Head-Fier
I've noticed with piano sounds, it sound like ringing or like echoing.  Resonance?  I have 1964-T customs and I hate when it happen, it messes up the music.  Poorly tuned?  I've noticed this with SM3, and got rid of it because of this.  I don't think I can do anything with the customs to fix, but with universals?  Why does it do that?  Is it because wave reflection?  Open air like HD650 is a solution for that? I've had EX-1000, and it's not isolated fully, and sounded very good, would that help prevent such ringing sound?  Would this be the benefits to listening to music with buds?

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 20
you sure it's not a issue from your source(s) or amp(s)?  Could the amp be too powerful for low impedance IEMs?

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 20
If you think that, please explain how an amp would cause ringing please.  

Quote:
you sure it's not a issue from your source(s) or amp(s)?  Could the amp be too powerful for low impedance IEMs?

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 20

how to get rid of annoying ringing sound on IEMs?

Easy one this :) .
  1. Put on some safety Goggles
  2. Place the annoying ringing IEM & place it on a hard surface .
  3. Take a Large hammer ( Or a brick will do ) and smash the IEM to tiny little Bits .
  4. Buy a Earsonic SM3 IEM

Problem over !

Glad to be of Assistance
ksc75smile.gif

On a serious note.If your noticing ringing with many different IEM's that it's not the IEM's that are the source of the ringing .

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #6 of 20
Thats the first thing I tried.  All pianos ring.  Crazy post above by the way.  Too bad you solution doesn't work because SM3 rings too. :)

Quote:
Just try out some different combinations of audio equipment until you locate the actual source of the ringing .

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 20

Quote:
That's the first thing I tried.  All pianos ring.  Crazy post above by the way. :)

Thanks
L3000.gif
  you could stop listening to piano's ? .

Have you tried listening to a actual live piano?

If the ringing is still bothering you with a live piano maybe your just being hyper sensitive to some natural sound that is stronger with pianos . Since they are wood and string they do have allot of ringing resonance .

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 20
frown.gif

Quote:
Thanks
L3000.gif
  you could stop listening to piano's ? .

Have you tried listening to a actual live piano?

If the ringing is still bothering you with a live piano maybe your just being hyper sensitive to some natural sound that is stronger with pianos . Since they are wood and string they do have allot of ringing resonance .

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #9 of 20
Just take it easy and give your ears a rest . If the ringing continues seek medical advice, it could be something as simple as a Cold or ear wax .

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #10 of 20
It's not my ears, my state of health is 110%.  It's def the customs.  Universals don't do that except SM3, which I got rid of.  By the way, are you a Nazi or a Communist?  Just by the way you come up with solutions, I have to assume you are either.
wink.gif
                                                                                          I'm joking of course.

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #11 of 20
I'm someone whom was trying to help, though help which has a sense of irony .

Whoops ! sorry I forget some Americans don't get irony which is very ironic in it's self .

Quote:
High_Q
By the way, are you a Nazi or a Communist?

Sorry I don't get your joke can you please elaborate or are you in fact being Ironic?

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #12 of 20
Actually, if you Google irony, its in an American dictionary.  :)  Also, a forum is not the best place to use irony.
popcorn.gif

By the way, I was just joking on my last post.  I knew you weren't serious.
Quote:
SUBMIT
I'm someone whom was trying to help, though help which has a sense of irony .

Whoops ! sorry I forget some Americans don't get irony which is very ironic in it's self .

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #13 of 20

Quote:
Actually, if you Google irony, its in an American dictionary.  :)  Also, a forum is not the best place to use irony.
popcorn.gif

I'm always serious even when I'm joking :wink:

Anyways Good luck with the Ringing piano's .

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #14 of 20

Quote:
popcorn.gif

Quote:Quote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2003/jun/28/weekend7.weekend2

Jun 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
It's not my ears, my state of health is 110%.  It's def the customs.  Universals don't do that except SM3, which I got rid of.  By the way, are you a Nazi or a Communist?  Just by the way you come up with solutions, I have to assume you are either.
wink.gif
                                                                                          I'm joking of course.

Perhaps your ears are ghetto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back