How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial
Aug 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #616 of 1,153
Do you guys know that there are other types of filters in Elctriq? Like highpass or lowpass, using them would drastically reduce the number of filters in some of the shown presets, the less points you use to get your EQzation the better. Remember that any kind of filter produces more or less ringing, with so many and such drastic filters your audio signal may have significantly more overshoots, it's like trading one problem for another.

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #617 of 1,153

Quote:
I had similar problem, solved it by increaseing the Latency and Pre-buffer option in the SineGen setup. (100ms/500ms now)

Thanks, I'll try it now.

Aug 17, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #622 of 1,153
What exactly am i listening for when i am at the step where i use the pink noise, and will comparing my "test" frequencies against 500 and 1000hz always work? or will i need to use other frequencies to compare against?

Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, I got it figured :p

Aug 17, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #623 of 1,153

my eq anything you guys think i should change? Its for ATH-M50

dont know how to delete dots, so some are just bypassed,

but i guess i need to re-do it when my new soundcard is here (Asus Xonar Essance)

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #626 of 1,153
If I equalize the M50s to get more mids and less bass, will that carry over to the songs on my ipod?

Example: I want my songs on my laptop to have more mids/vocals and less bass so i equalize the m50s to that preference my question is if the equalized M50s will increase the mids/vocals and less bass of the same songs except on my ipod?

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #627 of 1,153

Quote:

my eq anything you guys think i should change? Its for ATH-M50

dont know how to delete dots, so some are just bypassed,

but i guess i need to re-do it when my new soundcard is here (Asus Xonar Essance)

The main problem spots for the M50s is at 6k and 9k. See here - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/564465/misconception-of-neutral-accurate/60#post_7646530

Quote:
If I equalize the M50s to get more mids and less bass, will that carry over to the songs on my ipod?

Example: I want my songs on my laptop to have more mids/vocals and less bass so i equalize the m50s to that preference my question is if the equalized M50s will increase the mids/vocals and less bass of the same songs except on my ipod?

Whaaaat?? The EQ doesn't actually physically alter the headphones...You need to apply the EQ on your iPod too.

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #628 of 1,153
Latest attempt at taming the PRO900's highs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back