How to determine best fit and isolation?
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thesuperguy

100+ Head-Fier
I have purchased a nice pair of IEMs (vsonic gr99) which comes with a bountiful array of tip sizes. It has yet to arrive. I am just wondering how I should determine which of these tips fit and isolate the best. What should it feel like in my ear canal when it is an ideal size and how far should I insert the tip?

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 6
I generally play a known source of sound in the background while I experiment with tip size and IEM placement.

Now don't tell anyone this, But I use a recording of my wife telling me to do something around the house.

Once I have that sound down to a dull roar, I know I have found the sweet spot.

Good Luck, Jim

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 6
Sensaphonics seal test is what I use. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 6
Jul 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 6
...when u sense quietness on a mountain top...and dun feel like u are underwater. :p

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #6 of 6
I have purchased a nice pair of IEMs (vsonic gr99) which comes with a bountiful array of tip sizes. It has yet to arrive. I am just wondering how I should determine which of these tips fit and isolate the best. What should it feel like in my ear canal when it is an ideal size and how far should I insert the tip?

Trial and error buddy, trying the tips. Until the package turns up practice sticking your fingers in your ears with some peanut butter on them while walking around the house and talking to people.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back