How To Deal With Customer Service (AKG)?
Aug 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

XIX47

100+ Head-Fier
I have recently noticed an issue with my AKG k712s in regards to rattling on the left driver while listening to low bass. So after inspecting the driver for loose hair (none found), I emailed AKG customer service and received a response from one of the reps. He stated he forwarded my email to Hector Hernandez and gave me his phone #.

So last Friday I attempted to call them but I was only able to leave him a message since the line was usually busy, or he was away. However my phone message was not very clear to understand so I left him an email later day to clear things up and left my phone #. I have not received any replies or phone calls from Hector yet.

So, is there anything I can do to get contact with Mr. Hernandez as soon as possible? I have read some threads on here regarding to delayed responses or no contact from CS from various companies, so I want to avoid such an outcome.

I pretty much cannot game or listen to music until my headphones are fixed/replaced, so I am getting a bit bored recently.

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 6
I have dealt with him before , he never replied to my E-Mails either 
You can't expect service like Senn and Beyer from AKG , people at Harman are a bunch of ********

As far as rattling goes , that's the driver running out of excursion at low frequencies , even my 702s have that at high volumes and at bass heavy stuff , I don't know the amount present in yours but those are my findings 

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 6
  I have dealt with him before , he never replied to my E-Mails either 
You can't expect service like Senn and Beyer from AKG , people at Harman are a bunch of ********

As far as rattling goes , that's the driver running out of excursion at low frequencies , even my 702s have that at high volumes and at bass heavy stuff , I don't know the amount present in yours but those are my findings 

That shouldn't be happening on the K702 or K712, it's not normal for the K7xx family to rattle like that. I would take off the pads while playing loudly with heavy bass and check if the driver is crinkling on the K702 and K712. I've experienced the rattle and distortion on my K612, the driver was crinkling whenever heavy bass was played, but it went away with a couple weeks of use and was never a problem again. I would do a heavy burn-in session with pink noise or something on the K702 and K712 for a few days at higher volumes. I found rattling issues to go away with either burn-in, higher quality dacs, and/or with more power behind the headphones. I've experienced driver crinkling/rattling on a few headphones from different manufacturers, the problem went away one way or another in my experience though.

From what I gathered about the customer service with AKG is that you have to be very persistent. I would probably both call and send them emails. It is possible he's on vacation.

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 6

That shouldn't be happening on the K702 or K712, it's not normal for the K7xx family to rattle like that. I would take off the pads while playing loudly with heavy bass and check if the driver is crinkling on the K702 and K712. I've experienced the rattle and distortion on my K612, the driver was crinkling whenever heavy bass was played, but it went away with a couple weeks of use and was never a problem again. I would do a heavy burn-in session with pink noise or something on the K702 and K712 for a few days at higher volumes. I found rattling issues to go away with either burn-in, higher quality dacs, and/or with more power behind the headphones. I've experienced driver crinkling/rattling on a few headphones from different manufacturers, the problem went away one way or another in my experience though.

From what I gathered about the customer service with AKG is that you have to be very persistent. I would probably both call and send them emails. It is possible he's on vacation.

So are you suggesting that I had overreacted with the rattling in the first place? It does not seem right to me, and I thought that further rattling would instead gradually damage the drivers the longer they were used.

I was able to get a reply from Mr. Hernandez and did ship the headphones to AKG late last week with express delivery. Now I am waiting for a response from AKG to see if they have found the issue with the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back