How tall are you? poll
Oct 10, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #76 of 146
Quote:

6' 9" 306 pounds. I've put on about 15 pounds the last couple months, mainly from not working out. Also I wear a size 18 shoe. Yeah, it's hard to buy clothes.

wm21-13-0.jpg

biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #77 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
5'11" 208-213lbs (weight fluctuates daily)

that's down from a high of 250lbs about 5-6months ago... so lost about 40lbs in about 1/2 year. bench press max weight has increased about 80-100% (to about 220lbs), as well as most other benchmarks. on the eliptical trainer, i can push 900+ calories / 1 hour (which is insane.)

most people here seem on the skinny side... if not almost anorexic by the comments. heh he. but anyone that's fat out there, i tell ya, it can be done... i have not modified my diet much, besides just eating 1/2-1/4 as much, and i work out like an insane mutha fuka.

anyway, i'm happy, so i figured i'd just smile to the world here.
biggrin.gif

(ps- forgot to add... i had hydrostatic testing and metabolic testing done as part of a bet. at that time i was already a couple months into my routine and tested at 180lbs lean body mass (so out of 230lbs 4 months ago, i was carrying 50lbs or 25% fat). metabolic rate was +16% normal. i will weigh in again in december (the end of the bet) and i will post the results if anyone cares.)

that's pretty awesome bro, congrats on the weight loss. Your bench press seems to be getting there, keep up the good work ; ).

I lost about 30 lbs this summer myself, put a few lbs back on, but the kinds of lbs i want to have.

Oct 10, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #80 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
A hair over 5'10".

BTW, do Europeans measure their height metrically?

-Ed

Yes they do.
I have no clue ,or at least not an accurate one, of how tall you all are?

anyone know a good online converter?

Oct 10, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #81 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
anyone know a good online converter?

Many, but even Google does that (!). Do a Google search for "6 feet 1 inch to meters" for example.

Oct 10, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #83 of 146
Thanks. The one I found could convert meters into inches or feet but not into feet + inches.

-edit-
It doesn't do the other way around.
mad.gif

Or I'm not looking in the right place/doing something wrong

Oct 10, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #84 of 146
I'm 5'6" 114lbs. Man, I feel [size=xx-small]small[/size].

Online conversion needs can be met here :
sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html

1,676,403.36 microns tall. Now I don't feel so short
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #85 of 146
BTW, Lisa, aren't you Dutch one of the tallest nations in the world?

EDIT: it seems I was wrong. You are THE tallest nation.

"The Dutch, already the tallest people on the planet, are still growing. Data collected over the last seven years showed increasing demand for larger clothing sizes in the Netherlands, where the average man is about 185 centimetres (6-foot-1) tall. The Dutch are nearly 10 centimetres taller on average than the British and Americans, and almost 15 centimetres taller than they were four decades ago."

Oct 10, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #89 of 146
43+ percent over 6 ft? I think someone has finally made a poll that has some scientific interest!
biggrin.gif

I wonder -- perhaps people into high-end audio are more successful from a financial standpoint, and success/physical height I know are somewhat connected. That could be it...
confused.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #90 of 146
I'm about 6'1", 130 pounds. In high school I was among the taller end of the height scale, but there were plenty of people my height. Blame/credit it on whatever you want (hormones in the food, evolution, global warming, headphones, etc.), but I think this increase in average height extends beyond Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back