How Old Are You???
May 26, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #211 of 415
The most prolific Head-Fi members of this week are 18 years old :p. I wonder about Tilpo... HEY TILPO, COME HERE, LOL

I think he's like, huh, 16-17... he looked young on Facebook... and I'm not telling how I felt on his Facebook page. Actually I wouldn't even remember myself, more than I remember how he looked precisely (but I definitely noticed he was a youngster!).

I love those threads, that are stepping a bit into everyone's real-life-them

May 26, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #212 of 415
Quote:

So you're telling me you don't know your age? lol, that's quite funny I think.

Because in six years there is a lot of Head-Fiers who joined the website and they now want to tell their age. I'm curious to know Head-Fiers I've posted with's age, so it's not entirely pointless for me.

Actually, I'm 37 and proud of it.  Well, maybe not. Have probably achieved half as much as most 18 year old members

May 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #213 of 415
Quote:
The most prolific Head-Fi members of this week are 18 years old :p. I wonder about Tilpo... HEY TILPO, COME HERE, LOL

I think he's like, huh, 16-17... he looked young on Facebook... and I'm not telling how I felt on his Facebook page. Actually I wouldn't even remember myself, more than I remember how he looked precisely (but I definitely noticed he was a youngster!).

I love those threads, that are stepping a bit into everyone's real-life-them

You found his FB?...wow.

May 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #216 of 415
Quote:

Well I think he had posted about his Audio-Equipment and Rigs Tumblr on Head-Fi Facebook group (or maybe on Grado Labs' Facebook, where I also hang sometimes)... no big deal really :p. I mean I didn't search for it, just happened to pass by.

So...time to watch out and find Rikkun

May 26, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #217 of 415
Will Hit 60 in 2 months, life really does fly by! So enjoy your Health, Happiness and HI-FI!!....................OK, and your WOMEN also
wink.gif

May 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #219 of 415
Quote:
^Congrats!! How long have you done hi fi in your life? I see you joined in 2009. Did you just start learning then?

Wow thanks, I started audio when I was about 10 yrs old..... I remember hooking  Bogen PA speakers up to a (mine) kids record player so I could play my early LPs mostly R&B or early soul music until the Beatles changed "My World"........in 1963...... My dad a Jazz guitarist had a recording of the early Beatles that he played on his Hi-Fi Mono system for my brother and me.....a yr. before they made their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show...... Anyway, My 1st real stereo system I saved for by cutting yards and other side jobs was a used Harmon Kardon amp with a Garrard/Shure phono player and early AR speakers bought from an old audiophile friend of my grandpas for 250 bucks.... I thought I was king ****!!!! So I've lived and loved this hobby my whole life and never really had any yrs. go by that I didn't have a system of some type...... I've mentioned before I had one of the 1st CD players in Dayton, ( I knew the main Hi-Fi Dealer in town) it was around 1984, Sony of course, thank god I never sold any of my Lps...... I used Headphones in the early days mostly Koss or early Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics for quiet listening...... So not to bore you or anyone else I've had some great equipment thru all my yrs. and have many audiophile friends young and old (Who still can HEAR) take care of your hearing guys......and who all have different types of equipment, most of us still choose our vinyl rigs for our listening pleasure but thanks to Bubu1, Tom has helped me with the new Hi-Rez downloads and the computer equipment and music that's hot today and I must say NOT BAD!!!! Not Bad at all......It really is all about the music IMO......

May 27, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #220 of 415
Quote:
Wow thanks, I started audio when I was about 10 yrs old..... I remember hooking  Bogen PA speakers up to a (mine) kids record player so I could play my early LPs mostly R&B or early soul music until the Beatles changed "My World"........in 1963...... My dad a Jazz guitarist had a recording of the early Beatles that he played on his Hi-Fi Mono system for my brother and me.....a yr. before they made their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show...... Anyway, My 1st real stereo system I saved for by cutting yards and other side jobs was a used Harmon Kardon amp with a Garrard/Shure phono player and early AR speakers bought from an old audiophile friend of my grandpas for 250 bucks.... I thought I was king ****!!!! So I've lived and loved this hobby my whole life and never really had any yrs. go by that I didn't have a system of some type...... I've mentioned before I had one of the 1st CD players in Dayton, ( I knew the main Hi-Fi Dealer in town) it was around 1984, Sony of course, thank god I never sold any of my Lps...... I used Headphones in the early days mostly Koss or early Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics for quiet listening...... So not to bore you or anyone else I've had some great equipment thru all my yrs. and have many audiophile friends young and old (Who still can HEAR) take care of your hearing guys......and who all have different types of equipment, most of us still choose our vinyl rigs for our listening pleasure but thanks to Bubu1, Tom has helped me with the new Hi-Rez downloads and the computer equipment and music that's hot today and I must say NOT BAD!!!! Not Bad at all......It really is all about the music IMO......

Wow...you sir....are a dying breed :'( I see many people at your age use Apple Earbuds and just contently walk around...and blasting it too.

Now I have a question. Vinyl or a well done 96KHz/24bit "HD recording"? I don't like Vinyl's pops and noise and would much rather go for the "hi rez" recordings.

May 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #221 of 415
Quote:

Now I have a question. Vinyl or a well done 96KHz/24bit "HD recording"? I don't like Vinyl's pops and noise and would much rather go for the "hi rez" recordings.

I believe you've been listening to some dirty vinyl then. Because a perfectly clean vinyl record doesn't have all those pops and noises. Of course, it can still happen, but not if it's well taken care of. I still prefer digital for the sake of convenience though.

You could also go with a nice reel-to-reel tape system for analog
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #223 of 415
Quote:
Wow...you sir....are a dying breed :'( I see many people at your age use Apple Earbuds and just contently walk around...and blasting it too.

bowei006 That is a big concern with playing vinyl, dirty dusty records!  Yes, I wet vacuum my LP's but not every single time I play the same LP. That's where and why your "Hi Rez" recordings make it  much more convenient and many equate that to better sound or just a more enjoyable listening experience.....and it's hard to argue that point.... I've had my good friend (all Digital system) say while listening to a well recorded LP on my system that "It sounds more natural or more organic"!  To be honest my ritual on a night of listening is to play maybe 3 to 5 LP's then switch over to my Mac system with the hi rez recordings...... I won't lie, my old ass gets tired of getting up to change a vinyl record or to change LPs..... One more point that one of my friends says (who has $$$$$big buck LP system) if you've never had or don't have a good vinyl playback rig, "don't go there"! It just takes to many $$$$ to really get the most from a vinyl rig....  I say if you get enjoyment out of your system It doesn't matter what medium you use.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back